PDA

View Full Version : Convinced I have a DVT, I’m terrified :(

87sal87
21-02-19, 23:51
I’m absolutely convinced I have a DVT in my leg. I’ve had right calf pain for over a month now. It’s throbbing and uncomfortable. I’m going to go to the doctors tomorrow if I manage to get an appointment but I’m terrified. I’ve always had bad circulation and they’ve never been able to get blood from my arms when taking blood draws and I’ve always had heavy periods with a lot of clotting. I’m too scared to go to sleep. I don’t know what to do or who to turn to, I have no one. People just get angry with me or feed my anxiety.
i have just returned from 3 weeks in Los Angeles, which of course means I’ve been on two long haul flights (there and back!) but i think I had the pain slightly before I even left for LA. I also have varicose veins in my leg, it’s obvious really isn’t it!? :(

nomorepanic
22-02-19, 00:12
It won't be a DVT after that long to be honest.

87sal87
22-02-19, 00:24
I read that you can have it for months before it gets you... I shouldn’t have googled I know but I just wanted to see if the symptoms could last this long and it still be a DVT, apparently it can

ErinKC
22-02-19, 01:10
It's more likely your varicose veins, which can cause discomfort like that, but are not at all life threatening. If you've had pain for a month, it's certainly worth getting checked out, but I wouldn't freak out!

I can commiserate with you, though, because I get DVT fears now and then and know how bad they can be. I was so afraid once that I went to the ER and made them do an veinous ultrasound, which of course found nothing because I didn't have a DVT.

87sal87
22-02-19, 02:03
Thank you. I just wish I could get to sleep without freaking out :(

87sal87
23-02-19, 13:01
Well I saw the nurse yesterday and she was really awful. She was like ‘you suffer from anxiety, don’t you!?’ like it meant I was wasting her time! Just said it was muscular but it doesn’t feel muscular, it’s a deep ache. :( I’ve had it for month now I don’t know what to do, it’s twitching and feels warm also. I don’t want to go to A&E as my Mum died in that hospital a few years ago and can’t face it since :’( I’d freak out even more! I keep thinking that I’m just going to drop dead from a PE :( I could just go at any moment :( I don’t know what to do.

utrocket09
23-02-19, 14:09
Well I saw the nurse yesterday and she was really awful. She was like ‘you suffer from anxiety, don’t you!?’ like it meant I was wasting her time! Just said it was muscular but it doesn’t feel muscular, it’s a deep ache. :( I’ve had it for month now I don’t know what to do, it’s twitching and feels warm also. I don’t want to go to A&E as my Mum died in that hospital a few years ago and can’t face it since :’( I’d freak out even more! I keep thinking that I’m just going to drop dead from a PE :( I could just go at any moment :( I don’t know what to do.

If you had a clot, you would not be able to walk. With a clot, it needs to be warm to touch, red, swollen and inability to walk. I am someone whom has a compressed vein that puts me at risk of a clot so I need to look out for symptoms. If you have varicose veins you can have leg aching that is not a clot

87sal87
23-02-19, 18:57
Thank you, it could be my veins, but I honestly haven't been this uneasy and unsettled about my health for a long time. :( Just wish I knew what it was. I'm back to work on Monday and I'm worried about it, I also won't be able to go back the docs if need be as I've had a lot of time off recently and they won't like it. Close to losing my job because of all this, it's truly awful.