PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever had an incarcerated or strangulated hernia?

Deepseathree
22-02-19, 03:20
A few months ago I had a pain around my left groin area arise. Dr didn’t feel anything but sent me for an ultrasound. Ultrasound results were inconclusive. Said that it could be a bilateral hernia or that it couldn’t. Went to a surgeon who examined me and said that it doesn’t seem like one.
A couple weeks ago I started to exercise again. Pain started to arise in the area so I stopped. I helped a buddy of mine move some stuff a few days ago. Didn’t bother all that much during. Now though I’m experiencing more pain than usual.
I can’t find a large protruding area. If it is a hernia, I suppose it’d be an inguinal as that’s the location. I feel a hard lump along they crest of my groin that doesn’t get larger when I cough, or smaller when I press on it. It’s tender, but not enough to where it bothers to press it. Lots of uncomfortable pressure pain it seems. Also like a gassy area.
I looked it up on the internet and of course came across incarcerated and strangulated hernias and now I’m worried that’s my ailment. Just looking for some insight. I go back next week to meet with the surgeon.

MyNameIsTerry
22-02-19, 06:13
I'm not sure in your case but I can tell you my dad had a strangulated hernia a couple of years back after lifting an old heavy tube TV (he's mid seventies). He had a few days discomfort and couldn't sleep with it so went to see his GP. He diagnosed it immediately and sent him straight to hospital via the GP referral process. It was quickly operated on and all was well. The point is the GP spotted it immediately, no scans, just his hands and the symptoms. So perhaps your GP couldn't find it because it's more low level I.e not strangulated?