PDA

View Full Version : Fatigue induced anxiety

Perpetual
22-02-19, 20:03
Over the past years I have experienced fatigue that can get quite severe. The fatigue in itself is pretty annoying, but the anxiety that comes with it makes it far worse. I remember that I used to be comfortable with being tired and that it didnÂ’t cause me to fear anything. Nowadays severe fatigue makes me fear for my life. If IÂ’m outside I experience the fatigue far worse. After I get home and feel comfortable I can relax while being that tired.

The fatigue in itself is being looked at by physicians, they suspect it might be EhlerÂ’s Danlos Syndrome. So IÂ’m awaiting an appointment with the clinical geneticist to see if that is the case. It would at least explain why I feel this tired at all times and always some degree of pain.

With that aside, does anybody experience an increase in anxiety when tired? Does anybody know how to deal with it?

suemarieee
22-02-19, 20:44
Yes I def do. I had therapy years ago and she said I needed to stop linking feeling tired with anxiety. she said you can just be tired. I too find I'm ok at home but it's when I'm out. i think it's just the feeling that i cant cope with things when I'm tired. occasionally i feel just tired and relaxed and it's a lovely feeling ( well not being tired but just that tired calm feeling after a busy day), and when it happens I tell myself I can be tired and relaxed. They have not found any medical cause for my tiredness, I've had blood tests and basic checks over the years. I've put it down to the generalised anxiety making me tired. I hope you manage to find a way to deal with it and I hope you dont have that condition x

Perpetual
22-02-19, 21:13
Thank you for responding! I rarely admit it to myself, but it feels comforting to know others have something similar to what you experience. I can relate to what you said.
I’m currently out with my girlfriend and she really wanted to go to a party with me. I am trying to feel comfortable with my fatigue and continue this evening. Thanks again!

WiseMonkey
23-02-19, 10:02
Maybe you have CFS (chronic fatigue syndrome), it has the same symptoms you describe (some people have other symptoms with it too)

Perpetual
24-02-19, 02:34
That is indeed something I have considered. In all honesty, it is one of these diagnoses (like fibromyalgia) that seem to be given when the medical world does not really know what is happening. Some medical professionals even dispute the existence of these conditions. I already have had my fair share of dibelief from others regarding anxiety. But of course, none of this is reason to not seriously consider it. Thanks a lot!