PDA

View Full Version : Gastritis pain is unreal ! ☹️

NicoleBx
22-02-19, 23:29
Hi guys I haven’t been on here in a while but it all started 2 days ago. I got a sore stomach and I thought maybe it would pass but it never! The pain got worse and was excruciating felt like my insides were on fire and I couldn’t sleep and was doubled over in pain. So I went to the gp she examined me and said I had gastritis and has given me lansoprazole I think that’s how you spell it but said it can take up to a week for the tablets to help me. I’m taking gaviscon aswell but still in pain and this is when my anxiety peeks because I worry it will never go away and I can’t help feeling that way! I am a single mother to two kids and I’ve seriously been so ill the past few days. Has anyone got any remedies or just some reassurance for me ? I could cry in that down and I can’t sleep either because it’s so uncomfortable!! Help 😩😩

nomorepanic
22-02-19, 23:53
Yup is is horrid and very painful.

Can you take painkillers?

I took omeprazole for mine and it eased it by the next day

megsi99
22-02-19, 23:55
SAME. Literally dealing with this right now and waiting for Prilosec to start working. It’s shocking how painful it is. Hope you feel better soon.

NicoleBx
23-02-19, 09:41
I’ve took some paracetamol but tbh they haven’t done much 😩 she gave me tablets that I think are similar to Omeprazole. I know you can buy Omeprazole in the chemist so might give it a go on top because I’m suffering so bad and as you can imagine with two kids i have to carry on lol.

NicoleBx
23-02-19, 09:42
Aww how long have you had it Hun. It’s awful isnt it! Id rather give birth again lol atleast I know it will be over! Hope you feel better soon x