PDA

View Full Version : Bad Health Anxiety

flatterycat
25-02-19, 19:52
I am currently struggling with bad anxiety. I’ve had some issues (in the stomach/gastric sub forum) which I wrote about yesterday.

I went back to the doctors today and had some blood tests. My fear is that they will reveal anaemia which I know can be a sign of bowel cancer in someone of my age.(50) It all started when I had a few bouts of diarrhoea and I convinced myself it was bowel cancer. This then lead to my fear that the blood tests will show anaemia.

The reason I’m writing this is because I’m so scared that this time I will be right about my fears. I have had so, so many over the years and the results have always turned out ok. I know having HA doesn’t make me immune from illness and feel like my luck will run out.

Does anyone else feel like this? Or been so convinced of many things which have led to many tests and a subsequent clear result?

I’m waiting for my blood test results now and just keep thinking I won’t get away with it again.

X

Liddy1993
26-02-19, 17:37
Nothing you’ve indicated springs bowel cancer to mind. I requently go through bouts of diarrhea and constipation which I believe is linked to IBS as its been ongoing my entire life. Any time I’ve had a worry and had it checked out I’ve been proven wrong just like you will too. When the tests come back clear put this worry to the back of your mind and be proud that you had it checked and leave it at that. Positive thoughts x

ankietyjoe
26-02-19, 19:12
My fear is that they will reveal anaemia which I know can be a sign of bowel cancer in someone of my age.(50)

How do you know that?

Liddy1993
26-02-19, 19:23
Dr Google I’m guessing!