PDA

View Full Version : my story in womens mag

cheeky monkey
05-09-07, 21:09
Hi
Well I had a nice surprise when we returned off our holiday, I had a email from a national womens mag.
A few weeks ago I wrote to them telling my story about the problems I've had on and off since a child with bullima, then when I was diagnosed with diabetes I used this to mis use my insulin to lose weight. I am now paying for being stupid with various health problems.
The reporter phoned me last night and said that they want to do a story on me. So today he rung me and we spent 40 mins on the phone. He is not sure when it is going to be published as they have to wait for me to sign some contracts.
So hopefully my story will help others not to go down that road and be as silly as I have been.
Hope you are all ok
take care
susie

honeybee3939
05-09-07, 21:34
ohh Susie

I will look forward to seeing the article, please keep us informed when it will be published, im pleased to hear your story will be able to help others.

Love
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxxx

northern_sky
06-09-07, 00:11
Definitely keep us informed. :) Articles like that really help others out.

Lindalou64
06-09-07, 03:02
Great News....good To Help Others.........i Cant See It Tho Im Way Across The Pond But Im Happy Your Better And Doing This.....wish Ya The Best........linda

NPS_Paul
07-09-07, 19:50
Hi, great news. I've done a few over the years and tv. It can bring up things we tend to try and forget, but also helps deal with them. I hope this is a step in the right direction for you....and fun of course

trac67
07-09-07, 21:07
Look forward to reading your story Susie

Love

Trac xxx

clickaway
07-09-07, 21:37
I don't buy women's mags (:winks: ) but think it is great you have done this to raise the awareness and perhaps dispell a few myths to the cynical out there.

Take Care,

:hugs: :hugs:

Southern_Belle
09-09-07, 15:24
Hi Susie,

I'm glad you are using your story to help others and I do hope it is published. I'm glad you are doing so much better.

Hugs,

Laura

alexis
09-09-07, 21:35
Hi, will look forward to buying the mag, dont get dis heartened if its a while before publication though, a friend of mine did a story (nothing related to this) and was a few months before being published.

leo05
08-11-07, 21:57
Hi all,

Just a quick update on Susie’s success with LOVE IT MAG,
This wk it has been published and is available in shops in the UK.
Her article is on her and her diabetes/ eating disorder.

Let me know what you think if you get the chance to read it and I will try to scan it in to my pc if possible, so that if you would like to read it but cant get it I will email it to you but that Is only if I can get the scanner to work lol

Well that’s the rap

Lea

honeybee3939
08-11-07, 22:32
Thanks for the update Lea, i will get my copy tommo.

Love
Andrea
xxxxx

nomorepanic
08-11-07, 23:14
Thanks - I will get one tomorrow too and add it to my folder

leo05
09-11-07, 00:23
thanz for you replies nic and andrea hope you like it

lea

Sax
09-11-07, 07:41
Well done on such a positive step Susie, its lovely to know you are now in a frame you wish to help others and have done something so positive. I will try to read the article.
Well done :yesyes:

nomorepanic
09-11-07, 19:54
I got a copy.

Well done Susie for telling your story - great article!

honeybee3939
09-11-07, 22:11
Hi Susie

I got my copy too, was an excellent read, and was so pleased that you realised that you health was more important than your weight.:)

WELL DONE Susie:yesyes:

Love
Andrea
xxxxx

cheeky monkey
27-11-07, 13:16
Hi guys
Soz havent replied but been busy with hospital visits and trying to sort out other problems, plus havent been feeling too good. But am on the mend. Glad you all liked to article, it did make us laugh in a few places, they said steve was a lorry driver lol he can't even drive mind you perhaps I could get him to learn that would be bliss with him as a long distance driver lol. Still I suppose having my interview over the phone I should of expected some mistakes. I hope to write a few more but have got a bit of writers block at the moment.
thankyou once again for your replies, hope you are all well.
Would like to thank Lea again for all her love and support thanks babe and you are doing really well these last few months xxxxx
susie xxxxx