PDA

View Full Version : Weird sensation

golddustgirl1000
27-02-19, 06:07
Well.. I’ve been doing okay for a while now.. then out of nowhere last night I feel like something is in my nose.. only one nostril... every time I breathe in.. it feels like a bubble/ tickle at the top of my nostril and won’t goaway no matter How much blowing... I wasn’t worried about it, but then remembered when I was at the gym last week I was drinking while on the elliptical and a drop of water shot up into my nose... I tried my best to blow it out.. I also noticed that when I garden the water mist blows up into the air.. I breathed some in and didn’t realize till after! My question is... could I feel an amoeba... is that what this sensation is??? Am I freaking out for nothing??? Help! I feel like I have water up my nose constantly and I can’t blow it out!

Fishmanpa
27-02-19, 11:15
You've made an absolutely incredible leap of logic. If it were an Olympic sport, we'd see you at the 2020 games :D You do realize you asked if we would be able to feel a single celled organism, never mind what type!

Positive thoughts

BlueIris
27-02-19, 11:21
Apparently the organisms concerned vary from eight to fifteen micrometers, one micrometer being one millionth of a metre. That's unimaginably tiny.

No, you absolutely wouldn't be able to feel it, and they're exceptionally (presumably impossibly) unlikely to be in tap water.