PDA

View Full Version : suggestions...

cofo
27-02-19, 13:29
so, i'm not panicked or anything. i'm just annoyed so far and wondering if i can do anything to soothe the discomfort.
I have been having very dry nostrils lately. maybe for a few weeks/couple of months?? it's just uncomfortable. I am wondering, a)what causes this and b)what can i do about it?

any suggestions before i start hitting the panic button? :)

nomorepanic
27-02-19, 13:33
There could be many causes - such as dry air.

If you see your doctor they can take a look and maybe prescribe a nasal spray.

ErinKC
28-02-19, 02:55
I get SOO dry in the winter. My first thought would be to drink more water and see if that helps. I have to drink more in the winter because of the dry air.

Have you taken any antihistamines lately? My nose gets really dry when I take allergy medicine. And, also right after a cold. My daughter always gets nose bleeds after she has colds because her nose gets so dried out.

cofo
15-03-19, 11:58
my nostrils are doing this again. and last night, started bleeding. not a "nose bleed" per se, but there is cut just inside my nostrli, it's like 1/8 inch long and is like it got sliced, that's bleeding. i put some neosporin on it, but 1)i have no idea what happened and 2)because of this board, i'm hoping i don't get septic because of it. i always thought sepsis was something that you got if you had a severe infection that you let go on too long without any treatment. but after reading some posts on this board over the years, i now think that any abrasion could lead to sepsis.
and apparently, a lesion in my nose, which is so permeable, and so close to my brain, has me wondering about sepsis. so, yes. i want some info on that. I don't really want to post here about it, because you know, i get dissed for asking, but.....it's my life. and i can ask if i want to :)

ErinKC
15-03-19, 13:25
my nostrils are doing this again. and last night, started bleeding. not a "nose bleed" per se, but there is cut just inside my nostrli, it's like 1/8 inch long and is like it got sliced, that's bleeding. i put some neosporin on it, but 1)i have no idea what happened and 2)because of this board, i'm hoping i don't get septic because of it. i always thought sepsis was something that you got if you had a severe infection that you let go on too long without any treatment. but after reading some posts on this board over the years, i now think that any abrasion could lead to sepsis.
and apparently, a lesion in my nose, which is so permeable, and so close to my brain, has me wondering about sepsis. so, yes. i want some info on that. I don't really want to post here about it, because you know, i get dissed for asking, but.....it's my life. and i can ask if i want to :)

You won't get sepsis from this. I suppose any cut could end up infected, but the likelihood of that happening to an otherwise healthy person is very unlikely. You should see the way my 4 year old digs in her nose! Every time she gets a cold her nose gets sooo dried out and she cannot stop picking at it. It gets so torn up and sore and horrible looking and she gets nose bleeds after ever cold as a result. But, then it heals, even in the presence of her filthy 4 year old fingernails picking at the open sores.

Sorry to be so graphic, haha. But seriously, if anyone was getting sepsis from a cut inside their nose, it would be my gross kid! I just looked at her nails. They actually have dirt caked under them and I gave her a bath last night. Get some saline nasal spray. It'll help lubricate and stop the dryness and the saline will help clean/heal the cut.

cofo
15-03-19, 14:35
thank erin. so true about kids and their fingernails/noses. my son used to do that same thing and i felt like i was constantly saying, get your fingers out of your nose! ;)
i have put neosprin on the cut. i'll get some saline next time i go to the store.