PDA

View Full Version : Agoraphobia

bet
05-09-07, 23:36
Hi all,having panic attacks/agoraphobia for over 3 years is wearing me out:weep: For a while I improved now feel am back to square minus 1.I just want to get over this so much.life seems to be passing me by.

bet:sad:

Rachey poos
06-09-07, 00:38
Hi there Bet.... there is light at the end of the tunnel babes... i was agrophobic for just over a yr and I took small steps every day... took a while with lots of set backs ! I still get loads of PA's and cant go many places on own.. but Rescue remedy is wonderful for helping..... you will do it!

50cent84
06-09-07, 00:41
hi there bet

i been suffering with agraphobia for 4 years so your not alone, i cant walk to bottom of street. soon as my house out of sight i start, its all in the mind but hard to get over, im still not over it so ur not alone, take care

Dale
06-09-07, 00:53
Bet,

Are you getting any help from doctors!

Dale

Lindalou64
06-09-07, 02:56
Hi Bet.. It Does Get Better Hun Your Lucky You Found Out What You Have This Early I Wont Even Say How Long Ive Had It But Im Gettin There I Work And Ect I Just Still Have A Prob With Driving Far Alone Still Working On It Tho Just Know This You Will Get Better Keep Practicing Your Relaxations And Exercise And Ect And Know That These Feeling Cant Harm Us....do A Little At A Time Like A Walk Go For A Short Drive You Will See It Will Make Ya Feel So Much Better Hun.......wish Ya The Best.........linda

belle
06-09-07, 09:11
Hi..
I've had agoraphobia for nearly 10 years. I am just 32 years old, so a 1/3 of my life has been swallowed by this illness. I've suffered in various degrees and right now i am not doing at all well :(
I've been told you can recover, i am still waiting.

You are not alone..

x

Anna77
06-09-07, 10:44
Hi Bet,

I've had agoraphobia on and off for 13 years now, and this year it's been pretty severe. Trite as it sounds, i think you just have to try and stay positive (i know that can be near impossible at times). I was virtually agoraphobia free for 8 years, so i know it is possible to recover.

Sorry i can't be of any particular help, i'm just another person letting you know you're not alone with this! :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Hope everything improves for you soon. Take care,

Lorelai x

bet
06-09-07, 12:27
thanks everybody for the encouraging and supportive replies.I'm usually very positive but yesterday just felt I was crumbling.I've just turned 32,but any way regardless of age just want to be able to visit my friends etc.basically live a life.I am on cymbalta 60mg about 3 weeks...early days I know.

love and best wishes to you all,

bet:)

bet
06-09-07, 12:30
thanks Lorelai,where you on meds during the 8 years you were free of it?

bet x

bet
06-09-07, 12:33
thanks Dale,I live in Southern Ireland and even though alot of doctors around the world are clueless with panic/agoraphobia they are especially clueless here.

bet x

margaret911
06-09-07, 12:44
Hi Bet I have attacks of depression and anxiety and then i cant go out but on the positive I do get good weeks where I can go out. You will get there Bet. Take care,
love Mags xxxx

Nicki22
24-09-07, 12:19
hiya
agoraphobia is hard to deal with ! two women come see me at my house twice a week (Community occupational therapy)
one of the women walk with me to my mums and back to try and get me used to being out and maybe one day walk there on my own doing that makes me feel bad and find it hard to cope they make it sound so easy lol but hopefully i will get there one and hopefully you will hun x
pm me if you ever need anyone to chat with xx

shoegal
24-09-07, 19:03
Hi Bet,

I was totally agoraphobic when I was in my late teens and I made a full recovery by forcing myself into the situations I feared until finally I overcame it. I was free from agoraphobia for about 10 years and then due to events in my life it all started again a few years ago. I have become agoraphobic again although I can go out with other people sometimes. I can sometimes go out alone but it does make me panic. It is possible to overcome this but it takes time and a lot of effort.

I hope this gives you some hope. :flowers:

Love and hugs from shoegal xxx

MissChampers
25-09-07, 15:24
I think i'm slightly agrophobic as I panic when I'm stood in queues, I can't go to the dentist/docs or hairdressers without taking valium and if I go out of an evening have to have a few glasses of wine before I feel relaxed. I'm ok walking the dog or going into small shops but any situation where I feel I might lose control I avoid like the plague.

bet
26-09-07, 14:21
thanks for the replies.all we can do is keep positive and stay hopeful that we will be free of panic/agoraphobia.in the meantime just be here for each other.

bet x

Nicki22
26-09-07, 17:19
your right there hun....we all need the support we can get xoxox