PDA

View Full Version : Strange feelings in your face

bluebirds2005
05-09-07, 23:41
Does anyone else get strange feelings in there face. The only way i can describe it is like a tingling numb feeling like someone is stretching your skin and its always on the left side of my face around by my mouth ,and i always think its the beginning of a stroke just curious to see if anyone else gets anything similar.

beauty
06-09-07, 09:08
Hiya Gareth,
I cant be entirely sure but i very much doubt this is a stroke, i think it is more likely to be either a trapped nerve or just a general reaction to stress.
I've been getting numbness and tingling in my leg for a few weeks now and most people who i have asked seem to think it is a trapped nerve. Try not to worry and think the worst, hope your ok : )

debera
06-09-07, 12:47
hi gareth
yes i have had this feeling in the face. dont worry is just anxiety. the doc told me it was just the muscles tightening up. in the face. ihave also had this in the head too. just relax and tyr to keep occupied eventually it will go away
debera

bluebirds2005
06-09-07, 18:03
ive had the feelings on and off for months so they cant be a stroke but you know what its like everytime it happens again you forget the fact its happened 100 times before and think stroke

nomorepanic
06-09-07, 18:39
Gareth

This is from the Symptoms page on the website ...

Numbness or tingling in hands and feet

What you feel:

You feel pins and needles in your hands and feet, or other parts of your body. Sometimes you get a feeling like a particular area of your body is numb or frozen. Other times you may feel a burning sensation in your arms, legs or face.

What causes this:

Since the nervous system conveys touch sensations to the brain, when the nervous system is over stimulated, it can sometimes send impaired information which will often be felt as a numbness, tingling or pins and needles. For example, when an individual pinches a nerve they usually feel the results of this as numbness or tingling in a certain part of the body.

Because the entire skin area of the body is touch sensitive (nerves cells connected to the brain through the nervous system network), any part of the skin or body can feel numb, tingly or as pins and needles.

Typically this sensation comes and goes, and will affect a wide range of body areas off and on. It’s nothing to be concerned with and will subside once the nervous system gets sufficient rest.

bluebirds2005
06-09-07, 20:32
thanx nic much appreciated

JohnS
07-09-07, 01:33
I get this all the time, it happens to the right side of my face. I think it's because of stress though.

Mrmagoo
11-09-07, 06:16
Does anyone else get strange feelings in there face. The only way i can describe it is like a tingling numb feeling like someone is stretching your skin and its always on the left side of my face around by my mouth ,and i always think its the beginning of a stroke just curious to see if anyone else gets anything similar.

At least once a day for most of my life. Its a sensation. Best way to deal with it is say to yourself " its only a feeling it can't hurt me ,it will go away"

That should do it. Just remember that. Im almost 56 now had it all my life. I think many times it could be dry skin, or a breeze caught you just right. Maybe you were chewing to hard and it pulled a muscle .

There are million and one variieties of things that could cause it. Stroke is only one and that is a very remote possibility.

It happens but usually what you described is no more than a strange sensation.

I will share a rather silly but funny experience with you . I used to be an avid gum chewer. I loved gum. I suppose it was a habit.

I usually chewed just plain gum but I accidently bought some winter green gum. I really did not notice and was driving somewhere when I popped a few pieces in my mouth and all of a sudden I couldn't feel my tongue,my lips and my face seemed to be overwhelmed with numbness.

STROKE..no..winter green lol.. From that day on I avoided wintergreen gum. I paid more attention to what I bought and what I put in my mouth.Moral of the story....Just a reaction or feeling over multiplied by a sensation that was suppose to be pleasurable but was not on my part lol.

.So don't worry its fine. You will survive,but I would not recommend any wintergreen gum lol.

darkangel
22-10-07, 15:35
Im glad I found this thread. Ive had anxiety and panic attacks for 10 yrs but today I was out shopping on my own, was bit stressed as usual but I then realised I hadnt lifted my mobile. It is my lifeline. So I went into shop to get some messages and thats when I got a slight headache then my face was left feeling all tingly and numb. Never experienced this before. Its a strange sensation and yes the thought of stroke is crossing my mind, I did however manage to stay in the shop adn drive back home so Im telling myself it was an anxiety symptom!

Releived to find others have felt this too :flowers:

looking4answers
12-11-07, 02:40
I know this sounds lame....but well..I have had this off and on for many years .Every so often...it feels like typical stroke..Bottom line..dry skin...Try some lotion on your face when it feels this way ..It may not be your solution but then again you never know..it was mine.

NeoAnderson
14-07-15, 01:30
I suffer from GAD and panic attacks.
It started about 3 weeks ago. My face having all these weird sensations. Like a tingling numb sensation. Also this cold feeling in my face. Sometimes warm.
It is really freaking me out.

Sisi1111
28-10-16, 17:19
I've been having this weird sensation on my left cheek for the last 3 days. I'm not sure if any of you guys will know what I mean but to me it feels like a freshly appearing stretch mark lol
It's an annoying feeling as if a piece of my skin was stretching or something. Hard to describe. I don't think I have been under any stress recently though.. Have no idea what it is but it happened before. P

Kayla1992
30-10-16, 01:08
I have had this on and off for years too!

TunaFish
30-10-16, 19:56
I have the same symptoms for over one year now.

Daily

JulieJay92
31-10-16, 00:39
i did for quite a few weeks then it disappeared and hasnt returned in over a year