PDA

View Full Version : Why is a brain tumour my default worry?

oxoshannon
28-02-19, 19:29
When nothing else is happening I revert back to my brain tumour anxiety. Every. Single. Time.

Right now I’m so convinced I have one I’m just laying in bed waiting for the worst to happen.

I’ve felt like I could smell something weird for a couple of weeks and had the worst pressure in my head today it was crazy. The headaches have been on top of my head like someone is pushing down on me and in my face and forehead (classic sinus headache of course) - but no, my mind is jumping straight down that brain tumour rabbit hole once again.

Phantom smells I know are a sign of a brain tumour and I can’t convince myself otherwise. Feel myself relapsing once again 😞

Liddy1993
01-03-19, 00:43
I also get phantom smells of metal and randomly burnt toast and have done for years. Then headaches you describe sound like tension headaches or migraines I get them when I’m really stressed out. If you had a tumour you would have other symptoms trust me a girl I work with had crippling headaches daily for years and would often pass out or vomit and she eventually went and got tested and found out but as I said her complaints were severe.

RadioGaGa
02-03-19, 14:58
I always default/stick to brain tumour worry. It's nowhere near as bad as it used to be, but this obsession of mine has gone on for seven years

The phantom smells associated with brain tumours are INTENSE. It would be like nothing you've ever experienced before - you'd be gasping for air (how I heard a patient describe it) because it's so intense, and you'd also have accompanying symptoms such as rising in stomach, metallic taste in mouth, fear, confusion.

You don't have a brain tumour

Good luck

jray23
02-03-19, 20:40
I have seen that many of us with health anxiety tend to generally default to a specific health worry. For you it's a brain tumor, for me it's a heart attack, for others it MS, or ALS, or lymphoma, or whatever. I don't think it's coincidence. There is likely some reason for the specific fear (not because we have that disease).

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk