PDA

View Full Version : Black specks in stool?

Ryan0
01-03-19, 03:24
I’m terrified I have bowel cancer. I have no gallbladder and have been suffering with horrible anxiety and ibs for years. I’ve been stressed the last couple weeks and suffering diarrhea etc I stupidly am back to obsessively checking my stool and found some hard black flecks in it. They look and feel exactly like burnt food/charcoal. I tried to dissolve them in water and hydrogen peroxide (I read online it dissolved dried blood). Would blood appear in stool this way? The poop is def not black it’s just these flecks.

Midnight-mouse
01-03-19, 07:43
I wouldn’t jump straight to blood, consider your diet for a second.

Have you been eating/taking any of the following or similar foods:

bananas
blueberries
cherries
figs
foods that use food coloring to darken them, such as chocolate puddings or licorice candies
herbs and spices, such as black pepper or paprika
plums
red meat
undigested seeds, such as strawberry seeds or sesame seeds
taking iron supplements or iron rich foods?

Positive vibes,

Mouse

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ryan0
02-03-19, 01:33
Thanks. I chatted with my dr and he wasn’t concerned about them being blood as he said if they were blood they wouldn’t be hard and dry. Apparently it’s common in ibs for people to not properly digest their food. I did a search on this forum and it seems like it’s a common issue

Midnight-mouse
02-03-19, 07:36
Thanks. I chatted with my dr and he wasn’t concerned about them being blood as he said if they were blood they wouldn’t be hard and dry. Apparently it’s common in ibs for people to not properly digest their food. I did a search on this forum and it seems like it’s a common issue

Oh absolutely, I have ibs and it’s very rare that I can’t tell exactly what meal I have passed when I go, it can be all sorts for me not just the normal culprits. I’m glad that you have had a chat with the doctor. I would definitely suggest trying not to examine too closely, if something were to be wrong then it would be obvious - definitely not something you need to get up close and personal with to know for sure.

Mouse

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ryan0
05-03-19, 16:13
Ok just heard from gp and he wants to settle on diagnosis of ibs after my latest test results. My blood work including hemoglobin and crp is perfect, negative abdominal ct, negative rectal exam and now a negative fecal calprotectin test (I should add I’m in my 30s). Should I accept it and move on or push for more tests? Also I made an appointment with my therapist to see him next week to deal with this health anxiety. It’s been dormant for years and I want to make sure it goes away.

nomorepanic
05-03-19, 16:22
Should I accept it and move on or push for more tests?

What do you think?

How many more tests do you need to satisfy the HA beast though?

Ryan0
05-03-19, 16:47
Touché. I’m done and to the therapist I go