PDA

View Full Version : The What IF's....?

tt
16-01-05, 23:45
I think I am on my way to recovery, but ... I always have the well what if? I honestly think that if I could overcome this, I would be able to say
I have faced anxiety and overcome it. Just to elaborate..If I get chest pains or jaw pains or headaches, I know that it is gas or muscle but I always have in the back of my mind not to stop focusing on the pain incase "what if I need medical attention and then I look for reassurance.
Any comments..I am looking for any suggestions.

Happy New Year,
TT:)

Meg
17-01-05, 08:10
Hi TT,

This is completelz normal and does tend to be the last thing to remind us of where we've been. The answer is just to continue to combat it just like zou always have and this too will die out

Wel done

Meg
www.overcominganxiety.co.uk

You cannot conquer fear until you have learned what it is you're afraid of. The enemy is ignorance. Vivian Vance

nomorepanic
17-01-05, 18:25
TT

I think we all do this. We all think ahead of ourselves and when we get a new ache/pain we say "what if it isn't just panic this time".

Over time you will learn to re-train your thoughts into more dismissive comments such as "of course it is only panic and nothing is wrong with me"

Good luck

Nicola