PDA

View Full Version : Daughter had white/pale stool

Snowgirl82
03-03-19, 03:29
My 5 year old daughter had a bm this morning that was partially normal and then part pale almost white colored. I called the on call nurse practitioner at her pediatrician office. They said to just keep an eye on it and call if it happens again. When she went again later it was improving, but still tan. So worried that something serious may be wrong with my little girl.

Midnight-mouse
03-03-19, 08:19
My 5 year old daughter had a bm this morning that was partially normal and then part pale almost white colored. I called the on call nurse practitioner at her pediatrician office. They said to just keep an eye on it and call if it happens again. When she went again later it was improving, but still tan. So worried that something serious may be wrong with my little girl.

What has she been eating over the past couple of days?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lofwyr
03-03-19, 14:20
What has she been eating over the past couple of days?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, I would never suspect digestive issues in someone that young, I would expect diet changes. People seem to neglect what you eat has a direct bearing on what the waste looks like.

Snowgirl82
03-03-19, 15:24
She hasn’t ate anything out of the ordinary. Appetite is good and she has energy. Just very alarming to see white/clay colored stools.

LilyLabVA
03-03-19, 17:22
Hello, I hope I can help you. This happened a few times to my son when he was a toddler. I was very worried but then I noticed it was usually after he had some sort of gastro upset and or mild virus. It didnt have to be a full on stomach bug, but after any little ailment. I worried so much about it but my docs just said it could be "post viral", they did not do a sample or have him come in- nothing.. My son also LOVED milk so I dont know if that had anything to do with it. Anyway it happened a few times and always resolved. He is now a very healthy 7 year old :)

Snowgirl82
03-03-19, 18:18
Hello, I hope I can help you. This happened a few times to my son when he was a toddler. I was very worried but then I noticed it was usually after he had some sort of gastro upset and or mild virus. It didnt have to be a full on stomach bug, but after any little ailment. I worried so much about it but my docs just said it could be "post viral", they did not do a sample or have him come in- nothing.. My son also LOVED milk so I dont know if that had anything to do with it. Anyway it happened a few times and always resolved. He is now a very healthy 7 year old :)

Thank you. I honestly hope this is the case. It’s one thing to worry about our own health, but when it comes to our little ones it can be terrifying. She is still seemingly healthy this morning with a great appetite. I will just continue to monitor.

Snowgirl82
03-03-19, 21:11
Everything looked normal when she went to the bathroom this afternoon. I’m going to lean towards this not being anything sinister. Thank you to everyone for the replies and support.