PDA

View Full Version : Kind of a weird one

ASJ703
04-03-19, 02:33
Hey guys, kind of a weird one - I think it belongs here. Basically, I’ve been prescribed sertraline for my anxiety - small dose, 25mg, and I took the first one today. I felt a little funky this afternoon during grocery shopping, a little lightheaded etc.

I don’t feel much in the way of side effects right now - however I’m pretty worried about the lucid dreams that is sometimes associated with SSRI’s, anyone got any experience?

lofwyr
04-03-19, 03:59
I get lucid dreams from metoprolol, but they are not bad dreams. They are actually pretty amazing and I remember them quite well. I usually get to do some pretty cool stuff during my beta blockers dreams. ;-)

BlueIris
04-03-19, 05:45
I definitely get SSRI dreams; occasionally they're scary but mostly they're weird and beautiful and memorable. Colours are heightened, and sometimes I even experience flavours and textures.

So long as you're aware of them, they can be a huge perk.

ASJ703
04-03-19, 16:46
I definitely get SSRI dreams; occasionally they're scary but mostly they're weird and beautiful and memorable. Colours are heightened, and sometimes I even experience flavours and textures.

So long as you're aware of them, they can be a huge perk.

What are they like? I think I'm freaked out by them because I'm not really sure what to expect!

BlueIris
04-03-19, 16:50
It varies widely; they're my usual themes, but much more colourful. I get lots of strange animals and confusing architecture, but mostly it's just a heightened sense of reality that occasionally tips over into lucidity and the realisation I'm dreaming.