PDA

View Full Version : Ocular migraine related??

ShanOwl
04-03-19, 20:42
I have ocular migraines and I am very use to the typical pattern. Starts out small, gets bigger, shimmers, zig zags, all that. But about a handful of times I have had what I am about to explain. I have talked to two eye drs about it. One said it’s just another type of ocular migraine. The other was perplexed but didn’t find anything wrong with my eye.

I get a sort of flash in my eye like I just looked at a camera flash. Then i get an after imagine that lasts about 5 mins or less. Today it was maybe 2 mins and it went away.

Trigger, I am going to post a picture of what I see. I see this towards the inside of my eye. It gets smaller and goes away. It doesn’t shimmer. (I can’t figure out how to upload a picture). It’s like a gray blob with white around the blob.

Has anyone had anything like this?? I will admit it gives me an anxiety attack each time 

RadioGaGa
04-03-19, 22:00
Occular migraines can cause any variety of visual hallucinations (although this does not include fully formed images of, say, a person).

"Fire fly" auras come to mind - Google that, see if thats what you have
Although the scintillating scotoma is the most common migraine aura, there can be many different types of auras.

If this has been happening for a long time, you can rest assured and move on!

good luck

ShanOwl
04-03-19, 22:26
I have had that before! This was a gray blob that was outlined with a bright white line. So hard to explain. Wish I could post the picture.

Dc1980
06-03-19, 14:24
Most annoying thing I can have! Down tools and just wait for it to pass. Probably just a way of your body saying “have a breather” :)

ShanOwl
08-03-19, 21:31
I keep seeing pinpoint sized bright spots. I’ve had it before but it’s really getting to me right now. I had one earlier at the bottom of my vision and it’s floated by and went away.

Just a little bit ago I saw a quick cluster. Lasted maybe a second or two and went away.

Is this something going on with my brain? I am trying to calm down, just need a little help 

NancyW
09-03-19, 13:03
There's no way for us to know. Our eyes are precious, any changes warrents a check up with your eye dr, preferably an Opthamologist.

nomorepanic
09-03-19, 16:45
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.