PDA

View Full Version : Argh. Stupid Ectopics

nicktaylor
06-09-07, 14:02
Hi all,

Just wanted to vent a little - feeling angry and anxious.

I've been feeling quite stressed lately - busy at work and just in the final stages of getting ready to move house. There's a lot of pent-up anxiety because I've had several years of nuisance neighbours and the end is in sight!

This week I've been getting quite stressed - shaky, short-tempered, headaches, etc. I've managed to ease it by going to the gym. I've had anxiety about the gym too, because I'm scared of a heart attack (daft, I know), but gradually been getting better.

Today, though, I'd done about 25 minutes cycling, and towards the end had a really HUGE ectopic - felt like i'd been shot in the chest or something. Of course I got really panicky and finished.

It took me ages to calm down, had to walk around outside for a while. I still feel dizzy and my right shoulder hurts... I guess that's all just panic symptoms, but it's horrible. Really scared me off going to the gym :(

I guess I just need a bit of reassurance that they're really not anything to worry about, and that it shouldn't be related to exercise (scared that if I push myself too much I'll end up having a heart attack). Stupid really, i'm 27. Unfit but not *that* unfit, and I had a clear bill of health after a week-long heart monitor about 2 years ago.

Nick.

nanny
06-09-07, 15:13
Hi Nick

I know it's easy to say don't worry (i wouldn't take any notice either!!)

But i get those horrible things almost all the time and never associated with gym (i don't go) i can just be sitting reading which i think relaxes me and they come along for no apparent reason.
I can get them in any given situation and sometimes they can be on and off all day big time!

I think it's a matter of trying to accept that nothing is going to happen when you get them although very scary.............

As for worrying about a heart attack, i think most people with anxiety often worry about this the same as we worry about everything else! I try to say to myself oh if it happens it happens, worry is more likely to bring it on so why worry. Thats what i think, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

The etopics for you at the mo is probably cos you are going through alot, perhaps once you have moved and settled down they'll go.

Heres wishing you well:flowers: :flowers:

nicktaylor
07-09-07, 08:24
Cool, thanks Nanny, that's a real help.

I've been doing a lot better lately trying to believe that I'm all OK. I've had anxiety for a couple of years now and I'm not dead yet! But when you get a really hard ectopic, or some other weird symptom, it's not easy :)

nanny
07-09-07, 08:35
:) your welcome

No it isn't easy i'll grant you that. It's all just a pain thins anxiety isn't it.
i don't think it ought to be allowed meself :D

glad your doing ok at the monent.........have a good day:winks:

happyone
07-09-07, 08:43
Hi,
like Nanny says, trying to remember they won't kill you can help.

I think of ectopics of my little reminder that I have probs with anx. At the moment I can do just about anything that I want to that I couldn't have a year ago, but it doesn't mean I don't find them easy. Often it is after an event and .....boom...along comes those strange heartbeats that make me feel as if my heart is trying to get out of my body!
It does help if I try to relax, but I understand it is really difficult to do when you have such a strange sensation going on in your body.

Good luck with the move!
Happyone
xx

nicktaylor
08-09-07, 21:57
Thanks guys. That makes a big difference. You're right, it's almost always after doing something that I feel the anxiety - when you're doing something you're caught up in it and don't have time to think!

Doesn't help that the anxiety gives me IBS, and in turn the weird tummy grumbles make me think I'm having ectopics even when I'm not.

Ah well. We'll get through it between us :)

Mrmagoo
11-09-07, 06:47
[quote=nicktaylor;254462]Hi all,

Just wanted to vent a little - feeling angry and anxious.

I've been feeling quite stressed lately - busy at work and just in the final stages of getting ready to move house. There's a lot of pent-up anxiety because I've had several years of nuisance neighbours and the end is in sight!

This week I've been getting quite stressed - shaky, short-tempered, headaches, etc. I've managed to ease it by going to the gym. I've had anxiety about the gym too, because I'm scared of a heart attack (daft, I know), but gradually been getting better.

Today, though, I'd done about 25 minutes cycling, and towards the end had a really HUGE ectopic - felt like i'd been shot in the chest or something. Of course I got really panicky and finished.

It took me ages to calm down, had to walk around outside for a while. I still feel dizzy and my right shoulder hurts... I guess that's all just panic symptoms, but it's horrible. Really scared me off going to the gym :(

I guess I just need a bit of reassurance that they're really not anything to worry about, and that it shouldn't be related to exercise (scared that if I push myself too much I'll end up having a heart attack). Stupid really, i'm 27. Unfit but not *that* unfit, and I had a clear bill of health after a week-long heart monitor about 2 years ago.

I can understand your frustration. Do not I repeat do not let it keep you away from the gym. I hate the things personally but have been told over and over they can't harm you and that everyone gets them.

Yes well, It still bothers me and I still get them and I still keep going to an extent.I have to share with you and keep stating my age.Good eveyone will know im old lol. BUT the truth of the matter is I had the things when I was 8 and ten years old im 56 now and have done pretty much what i wanted most of my life.

I do have anxiety and at times they have bothered me more than others but I hate to be the bearer of bad news but you will always have them . Besides you will only die when you are suppose to.Why do you think that some people do away with themselves.

Dying is hard to do .It takes a lot to cause a person to have a heart attack or to stress themselves into dying. I am not sure you could ever do that. Remember do what you want and keep doing it and let the etopics be themselves.Odds are they will disappear or you want notice as much.They come and they go .

You notice some and some you don't. Its not stupid you think you are having a heart attack. Fortunate for me I thought everyone felt that way until I was about 25 and had to go to the hospital for dehydration and they found that I was under a lot of stress not eating right and not drinking enough fluids and the etopics that numbered in the thousands I was sure never not one showed up on a holter monitor that I pressed for 48 hours thousands of times.Nothing Nada.

Well there are somethings that can help. Before you decide to go to the gym.Lay off the heavy lunch or lunch at all.Don't drink any coffee of caffinated drinks other than diet.

I have found these help ease the acid and the indigestion. Try not to be worried about having anxiety .Take some antiacids with you .I suspect if you are like me.You eat and then go to the gym or exercise and then the stomach generates acid causing gases to feel like etopics or even causing them.Bring some antiacids with you or try to drink a soda or something that will cause you to expel the gases.

Try not to stress or think that something will cause you a problem.Try to relax think good thoughts and say to yourself." Im going to do this even if it kills me" I am ashamed to say this that I do this a lot.I also bring the antiacids and well im always amazed I didn't die and when I get home the skipped beats settle down and I forget about them and well they seem to just be forgotten.

You will be fine and you will only die when you are suppose to ,so quit trying to think you will make yourself go before you are going to .At 27 .Rear your head back and party and work hard ,play hard and have fun.Leave the heart attack worries to when you get late 40's or 50's or etc etc etc..27 nope not going to happen.Thats about the time I started seriously worrying and then I realized can't sit and wait for it to happen.

What if..ok Ill give you a for instance or what if..What if you were really really healthy and took care and did nothing sat in a corner read all day and never went anywhere protected yourself from any physical harm or medical harm or anything .

You spent the next 40 or 50 years protectling yourself and then when you finally decide that nothing is going to happen you venture out and a bus runs over you .Seems like a wasted life right? I know someone it actually happened to.Just like you and I ,they worried since they was a child .

They lived in a protected shell and finally after years and years they came out only to be hit by a bus and died .Life is stranger than fiction so LIVE LIVE LIVE get out and do like you never have before and realize you can only die once and when you are afraid you die many deaths.

Take care be happy and don't worry.