PDA

View Full Version : My symptom got better but now I’m concerned again.

UserName20
28-02-19, 20:27
Hey guys. If any of you have read my other posts I have had my period last month and this month both a week late. The last week or so I have been googling constantly and freaking myself out. I read something about frequent urination. The past week almost I have felt like I can not stop running to pee! It’s a constant feeling of needing to empty my bladder. The more I focus on it the worse it is. I am 19 years old, and I started feeling anxiety at around 15. Lately I have also felt really cold randomly at times, my fingers and feet have felt cold and I just feel chilly overall. I know that this could be something with my thyroid, and I have an appointment at 9 am tomorrow morning with a gynecologist. I have never been to one before. I am a virgin and i am terrified to have her do a pap or something on me. I’m not sure if she will or not but I have a feeling. I know I am most likely going to get blood drawn. Number 1 I hate needles and have since i have been a child. Any time I am near a doctor my blood pressure and heart rate sky rockets. When I was 12 it happened and I was panicking. My dad was yelling at me to calm down while the nurse just continued to repeat “this could be serious.” Any time I am getting my blood pressure and heart rate taken I automatically jump to that and I panic. I went to the ER around Christmas for feeling like something was stuck in my throat. The nurse had to keep telling me to calm down before I hyperventilated. So my appointment is at 9 am tomorrow. As you can tell, I am a mess. I’m so terrified my blood test will come back horrifying. I don’t know what to expect at all. Can anyone offer me any tips?

UserName20
01-03-19, 23:36
Okay so I went to it this morning. I was very freaked out of course. The first thing they asked me was if I wanted birth control for my irregular periods. I was very confused and told them no. This was before they even examined me or anything. She said she wouldn’t do a Pap smear since I was 19 and a virgin. She did a basic check up. They took my vitals and she listened to my breathing and heart. My heart rate and blood pressure were up but they said it was just nerves. I told her that I have been feeling cold when she asked and I told her that I feel like I have had to pee more. She really didn’t seem concerned. She told me if I change my mind and want birth control to regulate my period I am welcome to have her call me some in. It’s like they were just trying to throw that at me. She also did a urine test and did a blood test for my thyroid as well as for vitamin d. With that they sent me on my way and told me that I probably won’t hear back until Tuesday. They said they don’t call if the tests come back normal. For some reason that gives me even more anxiety. They didn’t seem worried at all. I know I should be reassured by that appointment but I feel more anxious.

Scass
02-03-19, 09:19
Hi, sorry you didn’t get any replies on your first post, but well done for getting through the appointment!
The thing to think about is that the gynaecologist does this all day, and she’s probably seen it all. So you’re not presenting her with anything that rings any alarms for her. She’s done an examination and taken blood, so that’s probably all she felt she needed to do so far.
Hope you’re ok now. And yes, of course the thought of results make you anxious, but keep yourself busy & try not to think about it too much yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ErinKC
02-03-19, 16:32
I agree with Scass. Your doctor knows what to look for and her exam/blood work would show anything of concern. Periods can change a bit over time and you did the right thing checking in with the doctor. Stress can also affect your period. I'd just give them a call on Tuesday to confirm the results if you don't hear anything.

UserName20
06-03-19, 13:39
Hey guys. I went to the doctor on Friday. I had a blood test for my thyroid done, a Urine test, and a test for my vitamin D. The doctor told me that they wouldn’t call me if there were no problems with my testing. On Monday they put my thyroid result into the app. Looking at the chart the numbers for my thyroid level are confusing. It says I’m at a 3.8 and is based on a scale of 5 and I am in the green section. I felt like I had to keep peeing and I just got my results for my urine test put into the app result section. My other one was put in Monday, my mom said that they put them in day by day for her too. It says multiple species present and then says possible contamination. I am freaking out! It said less than 10,000 cfu/mLu. I googled and I still have no idea. I know that they are saying that I likely contaminated the cup but what if I didn’t and something is seriously so messed up that they think it was contaminated??? I did wipe the cup a lot after I went as I had made a mess but I don’t know if I contaminated it? I was confused about the seal and may have touched it but I don’t know. The doctor never called me and they told me they wouldn’t if they didn’t have any test come back of concern. They are closed today and I am panicking! Now I’m starting to feel like I have to keep peeing again after feeling fine for a few days.

Elen
06-03-19, 14:57
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

Elen

Lana
07-03-19, 00:49
Multiple species present, each less than 10,000, is literally nothing. They will not call you about that, that is normal. It means there is no urinary infection. Women often have multiple species that are normal on and around vagina, and everything less then 10 000 cfu/mlu is considered normal. You should not worry about that at least. They though may want to put you on a very short antibiotic course for UTI, but I doubt it.

I do not know anything about thyroid test/levels, but I am pretty sure that is fine too. You should not worry.

UserName20
13-03-19, 01:18
I am so frustrated. I got all of my results. They did a complete blood count test. Everything came back normal. My urinalysis came back less than 10,000, everything in my urine came back fine as far as my glucose levels and white blood cell count. However, there was a trace of blood in my urine. The doctor wasn’t worried about it and I know last time I had a urine test there was a trace too. They told me that my thyroid test came back fine, everything was fine except I am very low in vitamin D and am on the strong supplements to bring it back up. However I am still worried. I haven’t really noticed that I have had to pee a lot unless I am thinking about it. I still feel chills randomly. My glucose levels came back normal but I am still worried about diabetes or worse. When I was there she did a basic routine check up as well and when she looked in my throat she told me I have very large tonsils and asked me if they have always been that large. They looked the same to me as they always have and I was at another doctor about about a month ago and he looked in my throat and didn’t see anything wrong. Apparently she didn’t think anything of it because she didn’t say anything else. Now I am paranoid about my tonsils and keep checking back there. I almost feel like there’s an extra flap of skin on one of my tonsils now and I am panicking. I just can’t get a break.

Fishmanpa
13-03-19, 02:13
I am so frustrated. I got all of my results. They did a complete blood count test. Everything came back normal.

Why would everything being normal frustrate you? Your post makes it sound like you want something to be wrong!

Positive thoughts

Liddy1993
13-03-19, 20:21
Your results came back normal you’re fine put this worry to rest and stop doubting the facts. Agree with fish because I’m guilty of this too, looking for something to be wrong where all is right.

UserName20
22-03-19, 18:05
I am so frustrated. I feel as though I am peeing a lot again and my period is due tomorrow and the fact that it isnt here has me again panicked. My blood counts and glucose levels and everything were fine in my urine in the test a few weeks ago. If I had cancer would the white blood cells have been up more? However there was a trace of blood in my urine. I do not understand how the doctor was not concerned at all. I had a urinalysis a year ago too and there was a trace of blood in it then too! Part of me wants to go to another doctor. However, I am 19 and besides my part time job and college I am still dependent on my parents. I have costed them a lot of medical bills as of lately. I’m still randomly getting chills, particularly after I eat and later on jn the day. My entire body just feels chilly and my face looks flushed sometimes. I told the doctor my problems with my period and she didn’t even think she needed to do any tests. She just tried to give me birth control and told me they don’t regulate out she will give me some. Okay but I feel like she should be investigating why they are late? The doctor ordered all of these tests and everything came back fine yet I still am not happy! Something must be wrong. I feel crazy.

UserName20
23-03-19, 17:06
Okay. Now the past few days I have noticed a red mark on the top of my foot. I didn’t think much of it but yesterday I felt it and it feels like there’s a hard lump in that spot. I asked my mom if I could make a doctor appointment and at this point I can tell she is just irritated with me. My period is due today and still hasn’t come! I don’t know what to do. These symptoms are real