PDA

View Full Version : Concussion?

beq45
06-03-19, 14:58
I was training Brazilian Jiu Jitsu last night and got kneed in or near the temple area of my head by my partner when he was moving around when we were grappling on the ground. Jiu Jitsu isn’t known for having an issue with head trauma like boxing or kickboxing, but we sometimes take stray elbows and knees to the head. Anyway, I started to get really nervous driving home because I know it’s bad to get hit in the temple and my heart was racing and I started to feel unwell for a few minutes. I’m assuming it was because my blood pressure skyrocketed, but I’m not sure. That feeling subsided after I relaxed and watched some TV. That being said, I have a small headache today that feels like one of the headaches that I get several times a week due to sinus issues and/or stress. If it was a severe headache or any other concussion symptoms, I would go to the doctor, but I don’t. My fear is that if I go back and train and get hit like this over time, I will get brain damage. I’m considering giving up a hobby that I love because of my fear of brain trauma.

I didn’t play any full contact sports like hockey, rugby, or football, so my experience with concussions is very limited to a bump here and there throughout my life.

Elen
06-03-19, 15:13
Please read the below message from Admin. You are posting about a lot of different things frequently. Perhaps start a thread where you can keep all of your worries in one place.

Can posters, especially those who are posting a lot about a variety of fears please confine their posts to one thread.

This helps others to build up a clear picture of what is happening and makes it easier to offer suitable advice.

You may not see the pattern but usually it is there, especially if you are posting frequently about different things.

Your co-operation with this would be greatly appreciated.

Elen

ps it is appreciated if you do not delete threads as they can be useful for other users and also upsets people who have contributed to your thread.