PDA

View Full Version : Hyper awareness... is it real?

Melon1
06-03-19, 15:34
I have been suffering with HA on and off for approx 10 years... since the birth of my second child. If I have no symptoms, I am generally fine. But if any kind of pain occurs and doesn't shift promptly, then I am unable to switch off from the sensations.

From the moment I wake up until I go to sleep, I can feel the pains. Now, is this real pain or is it because I have focused on it so intensely, that I am making it worse?? I can wake up in the morning and don't feel pain, but BANG as soon as I am properly conscious, the pains start to creep in.

I feel as if I have certainly done this in the past. eg, as soon as I have had good results from the docs, the pain immediately goes.

I am truly hoping that I have 'hyper awareness' right now as the pain in my lower abdo is not good.

I am really fed up and just wish that I could get over this bout of anxiety. I am feeling a trip to the docs is on the cards tomorrow... AGAIN

Does anyone else experience this or believe in it???

XX

Fishmanpa
06-03-19, 15:36
I think you've been on the boards long enough to know the answer to that question :shades:

Positive thoughts

Melon1
06-03-19, 15:41
Yes, it's true... but I can't help but question it. How can the pain feel so real if there is not a problem... Just trying to get my head around it.
x

BlueIris
06-03-19, 15:42
It's because anxiety makes you notice things more; it can even make you interpret perfectly normal bodily sensations as pain.

LF87
06-03-19, 18:48
I'm having the same thing, fixated on pelvic pain which only started after I started worrying about certain female things. I looked back on my old posts and realised I've had this with other body areas, head, heart you name it. All faded when I started worrying over something else! Don't worry, it's an anxiety thing. I remember reading a book saying to concentrate on your index finger for 5 minutes. You'll surely feel some kind of sensation there after a while, our brains are very powerful! X

RadioGaGa
06-03-19, 20:09
Hyper awareness (or hyper focusing as I call it) is definitely real.

For example:

BT fear had been under control for a couple of months, but this week I relapsed. I started focusing on the natural blind spot one has in their eyes. I then thought mine was more pronounced in the left eye. I even sat today in work, moving my head back and forwards to a computer screen to do this online "test". A colleague walked in on me doing it (HAHA!) but they even said it before I did: "Oh the brain tumour fear is back?"

How pathetically embarrassing.

Nevertheless, had a relapse and went to opticians tonight. Nothing is wrong with my eyes, or my vision.

Funnily enough, my eyes are back to "normal" now.