PDA

View Full Version : Panic attack waiting to see GP today for blood results

nhelen79
06-03-19, 20:21
Hi all
I took CBC, Liver/Kidney/Sugar blood tests on Monday. Usually I got the results back next day. I didn’t get a call on Tuesday (the day after). Today is Wednesday and the nurse called me because dr wanted to check previous blood results last month while I was in the hospital for preeclampsia postpartum.

Since her phone call, I could barely function. I feel cold and heart has been racing. I tried to eat but barely got anything in. My appt is with her today at 4pm. I have to ask my husband take off work early to go with me. I just can’t deal with it. I mean it’s obviously something abnormal which made her to compare with previous blood tests, right? But if it’s something major like Leukemia they would have reached me on Tuesday not today right? My mind is racing to the worst case.

Some background:
I’m 8 weeks postpartum. I had preeclampsia during pregnancy and postpartum. I was readmitted to the hospital just 4 weeks ago for high blood pressure. They did lot of blood work there. My liver number was elevated. My platelet count was elevated but the obgyn at that time wasn’t worried. She only asked me to follow up with my GP for liver.

alcopop
06-03-19, 20:31
Hey. Sorry to hear you're freaking out. Ive been known to ask the doc to double check my blood results when theyve come back ok, just cos im so paranoid. I'm sure pregnancy and postpartum can make your blood results do all kinds of crazy things. I bet the nurse wouldve reassured you if she'd known just how worried you were about being called in. Good luck in your appointment. Let us know how it goes xx

nhelen79
06-03-19, 20:49
Thanks alcopop. I know worrying won’t change anything but I cannot help it. This is a new GP so they don’t know that I have health anxiety. I shall have told the nurse. She scheduled the follow up appt together when I took the blood tests on Monday.

nhelen79
07-03-19, 18:13
My liver enzymes are high (145). Im waiting for ultrasound now. Life can’t give me a break. I’m feeling tired of worrying.

Scass
07-03-19, 18:42
I’m sorry you’re going through such a hard time, especially after giving birth. It’s a really stressful time, but at least your GP is on it and you’re being looked after. Let us know how you get on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk