PDA

View Full Version : Can someone help me put this throat cancer worry to bed?

hazelbritt
06-03-19, 20:45
It’s so frustrating when a health worry seems like it’s hooked into you and won’t budge. I’ve been worried about throat cancer for 10 months, maybe 11.
I recently had a trip to an ENT to check out and confirm a tonsil remnant in my throat. He wasn’t worried about it (“I’m not worried if you aren’t” he said - if only he knew!!)
My current symptoms are feeling like something is in my throat, muffling my voice slightly. Hearing a high pitch layer on my voice. Clearing my throat a lot. My nostril feeling blocked on one side and feeling that nostril sort of make a popping sound sometimes when I’m breathing. Having a little bit of blood on my tissue sometimes when I blow my nose. Was getting some pain in my neck near my collar bone but that seems to have gone for now. Always sensing a feeling of pressure on my neck.
It’s all ridiculous and seems to be getting more and more ridiculous, but I can’t seem to make it stop! Every sensation I feel in my neck or throat and my mind immediately jumps to throat cancer. I feel on edge most of the time, and have begun to speak less frequently because my own voice gives me so much anxiety.