PDA

View Full Version : Low Iron, b12, vitamin D and Folate :(

MissSunshine
09-03-19, 22:36
Hi all I have been doing just fine HA wise until a couple of months back when I noticed I was falling asleep on the sofa during the day and not feeling myself..
So last month I went to the doctors to ask for a blood test to see if anything was low and it came back low iron low vitamin D and low folate on which I am on supplements for all three the doctor went through my results and my lifestyle and put it down to my heavy periods that I occasionally get and poor diet which I have since improved.
a week later a random letter came through the post saying I need to book in for a b12 blood test and a b12 injections..
I am going to ring my doctors on Monday but I am bit baffled as to why this wasn't mentioned at my appointment!

I'm left here low thinking why oh why am I low on all these vitamins is there something seriously wrong :(

refraining from visiting DR google but its hard when I am sat here with all these thoughts, So I came here to my safe place. Hoping someone can relate?

Fishmanpa
09-03-19, 22:42
I was low on Vit. D last year. I don't have HA but I can say I was feeling worse than usual (cancer survivor w/side effects). Anyway... took a prescription supp and have been on a daily supp since. I can honestly say I feel better.

I can say from experience, when I was depressed, I definitely limited my outdoor activity and sunlight is vital to Vit. D so :shrug: Common sense solution and no worries! :)

Positive thoughts

MissSunshine
09-03-19, 22:44
Hi thank you for your reply yes makes sense in these winter months its hard to get vitamin D I love being out but I have felt so so low and tired I must admit I haven't been out much.
x

ankietyjoe
10-03-19, 09:09
Almost everybody that lives in the UK during winter months and also has a poor diet will be deficient in those things.

Generally speaking, peoples diets are awful, even when they think they're ok.