PDA

View Full Version : Weird sensation in leg - deep vein thrombosis?

UnhappyWorrier
10-03-19, 19:20
For the past 6 or so years, I have had an on and off weird sensation throughout my right leg. It seems to be focused on the hip/butt/upper leg area, but it occasionally travels down my leg all the way to my toes. It's like a pulling sensation, a stiffness - I wouldn't call it pain, but occasionally it becomes somewhat of a mild ache. I have seen a doc about this and she thinks it might be a sciatica problem, related to lower back issues. I spend way too much time sitting at my computer, so that makes sense. She sent me to a neurologist but I haven't had time to go there yet - mostly because the issue is slightly annoying at most.

Sadly, today I read some story about deep vein thrombosis and instantly thought about this thing with my leg. It couldn't be DVT related, could it? I mean, I've had it for years and I wouldn't describe it as painful. Still, this has me a bit worried.

Fishmanpa
10-03-19, 19:24
For the past 6 or so years

I stopped reading after that ;)

Positive thoughts

utrocket09
10-03-19, 20:03
If you had issues for this long, no way it was a DVT. For a blood clot, the area has to be warm, red,swollen and difficulty walking

ankietyjoe
10-03-19, 20:03
For the past 6 or so years, I have had an on and off weird sensation throughout my right leg. It seems to be focused on the hip/butt/upper leg area, but it occasionally travels down my leg all the way to my toes. It's like a pulling sensation, a stiffness - I wouldn't call it pain, but occasionally it becomes somewhat of a mild ache. I have seen a doc about this and she thinks it might be a sciatica problem, related to lower back issues. I spend way too much time sitting at my computer, so that makes sense. She sent me to a neurologist but I haven't had time to go there yet - mostly because the issue is slightly annoying at most.

Sadly, today I read some story about deep vein thrombosis and instantly thought about this thing with my leg. It couldn't be DVT related, could it? I mean, I've had it for years and I wouldn't describe it as painful. Still, this has me a bit worried.

Well, there is that.

UnhappyWorrier
10-03-19, 20:13
Thank you for your replies. I googled this condition a bit (though sparingly, since googling doesn't help with anxiety) and there was nothing describing the time frame of the condition.

So DVT is a sudden, time sensitive condition? And from what I understand, the pain is very severe to the point of not being able to walk, in addition to the swelling, redness, etc?

utrocket09
10-03-19, 20:32
I'll tell you the same thing my vascular doc told me. Blood clots are not subtle. Believe me, the area would be swollen, red, warm, and you would not be able to walk.

Fishmanpa
10-03-19, 20:34
Why are you still seeking reassurance on this? It's back issues exasperated by poor posture and habits.

Positive thoughts

UnhappyWorrier
11-03-19, 00:25
Sorry for possibly sounding silly. It's just the article I read that triggered me. I have never once worried about this over the years of having this sensation in my leg due to the lack of pain. I'll try to handle my back problems when I have the time.

Fishmanpa
11-03-19, 02:56
I'll try to handle my back problems when I have the time.

I have real swallowing issues due to cancer treatment. I have to do swallowing exercises every day to ensure I can eat and swallow! Takes me around 10-15 minutes in the morning. When you have time? Really? Ok then!
Guess it's not as bad as you make it out to be then :shrug:

Positive thoughts