PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have these symptoms?

goldie84
11-03-19, 15:12
I have had a feeling of something in the back of my throat for about a month now. I got it checked by the ent who said everything looked fine but a little bit or irritation on the side I complained about. She said it could range from anything from acid reflux to post nasal but seemed like she leaned more toward acid reflux. Anyone else have acid reflux cause the symptom of something in the back of throat on the same side for months?

nomorepanic
11-03-19, 15:15
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

goldie84
13-03-19, 19:33
My messages keep getting pushed over to the sub forums so please don’t push this. I’m having a ton of anxiety right now and just need some support. I cannot stop focusing on my throat and that I may have something wrong. I have been feeling a lump in the back of my throat that the ent confirmed last month was essentially nothing (just irritation on that side) but it keeps persisting. I do not feel it when I eat but what concerns me is it doesn’t go away and it’s been months. Please talk me out of going back to the doctor... I feel so silly right now but I’m so worried that she missed something.

nomorepanic
13-03-19, 19:38
But it is about your ongoing throat issues so goes in that sub-forum and needs to be on one post so I will merge them as well

nomorepanic
13-03-19, 19:39
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

nomorepanic
13-03-19, 19:41
Are you sure this is not just Globus?

goldie84
13-03-19, 19:41
I don’t understand why my posts keep getting moved when you have other posts on the main forum that stay. I don’t feel like I’ve gotten any feedback on this particular board.

nomorepanic
13-03-19, 19:45
An explanation is on the moved thread post above.

I replied above as well

Fishmanpa
13-03-19, 19:46
Goldie, you've posted 5 threads about this since the beginning of February and actually received quite a bit of attention and responses. You've been checked out and have an explanation. What do you expect people to say that hasn't already been said?

Positive thoughts

nomorepanic
13-03-19, 19:50
Oh I didn't realise you had multiple posts about this and yes you had some advice on them.

goldie84
13-03-19, 20:31
I’m sorry but I thought this was a place to come to for support when feeling anxious.

goldie84
13-03-19, 20:34
Also my posts initially were about tonsil stones. Not so much about GERD and Globus just wanted to clarify. But I guess it’s not okay to post multiple times?

nomorepanic
13-03-19, 20:43
Of course you can come here for support etc but we just have forum rules so posts will get merged and/or moved.

If you keep the same issue to one post it is easier to see a full history of your worries.

goldie84
13-03-19, 20:52
Ok thank you Nicola.

nomorepanic
13-03-19, 21:02
Sorry if I upset you in any way.

Fishmanpa
13-03-19, 21:03
If you keep the same issue to one post it is easier to see a full history of your worries.

Very true... Knowing the history and progression of your worries and seeing them in one place helps someone to respond and its also is a great way for you to see it too. Seeing what we see should help you resolve this worry.

On February 1st you posted:

I’ve been feeling like I have something stuck in the back of my throat on the left side for days now. It feels like a tonsil stone almost but I don’t see anything visible.. but it feels deeper than that. Has anyone felt this before? It’s driving me nuts and making me scared :(

A couple days ago you posted:

I have had a feeling of something in the back of my throat for about a month now. I got it checked by the ent who said everything looked fine but a little bit or irritation on the side I complained about. She said it could range from anything from acid reflux to post nasal but seemed like she leaned more toward acid reflux. Anyone else have acid reflux cause the symptom of something in the back of throat on the same side for months?

Add tonsil stones to that and here you are. You have real but very treatable physical symptoms and above is all the reassurance you need. So what are you doing to treat the reflux and reduce the formation of tonsil stones?

Positive thoughts

goldie84
13-03-19, 21:24
No not upset Nicola thank you. I see what you’re saying fishman .. and I understand that I’m posting loads about the same types of issues. It’s very hard to focus on anything but my throat when I can constantly feel it. What I thought were tonsil stones are not ... The doctor said that we often don’t know what we’re feeling in there so it’s the same “lump” I’ve been feeling all along. As far as the reflux .. I started Prilosec. I suppose I am just having a hard time accepting that this is all it can be.

Fishmanpa
13-03-19, 21:43
As far as the reflux .. I started Prilosec. I suppose I am just having a hard time accepting that this is all it can be.

A PPI can take up to a month to really show a difference. The best time to take it is in the mornings and diet also plays a huge part. Look into the FODMAP (https://www.ibsdiets.org/fodmap-diet/fodmap-food-list/) diet and keep a diary of everything you eat and when for around a month. This way, in addition to diet modifications, you can identify trigger foods and eliminate them.

Feel better soon!

Positive thoughts

nomorepanic
13-03-19, 22:51
You may like to read these posts I did:

https://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?34762-How-much-can-you-take-before-reaching-breaking-point-I-am-there

https://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?31232-Throat-swallowing-problems

goldie84
14-03-19, 01:47
A PPI can take up to a month to really show a difference. The best time to take it is in the mornings and diet also plays a huge part. Look into the FODMAP (https://www.ibsdiets.org/fodmap-diet/fodmap-food-list/) diet and keep a diary of everything you eat and when for around a month. This way, in addition to diet modifications, you can identify trigger foods and eliminate them.

Feel better soon!

Positive thoughts

Thanks fishman .. I did not know it can take that long to show a difference. I need to start connecting the dots that this could be something GERD related even tho my brain keeps pulling me off course bc how could that even be connected etc. I actually looked into fodmap when my hubby was dealing with some scary gastro symptoms so thank you for the reminder. Nicola I read your posts and you sound a lot like me right now in them. Stressed and overwhelmed with life. I hope you’re in a better place now. I had a baby 8 months ago.. Work a great but stressful job and struggle to find time to help myself or relax so I can see how life can pile up on us. It’s good to know I’m not alone.

moonlightangel
21-03-19, 00:14
Yes I have this! You can message me if you want <3