PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts and emotions help

didunn1
06-09-07, 09:49
Hi Guys
Haven't been on forum for ages but felt I needed some support. Just wanted to say I have suffered from irrational thoughts about my husband and our relationship.It sends my anxiety into overdrive, I feel so guilty as he's a wonderful husband, he's a rock and so supportive towards me, I don't know what I'd do without him. Everyday life seems such a struggle at the moment, I had been doing so well earlier in the year with the help of CBT, changing my thoughts. However my mind seems to throw up thoughts which I can't seem to find the answer to. My therapist says I'm letting it wander too much and should concentrate on the "now", but it's such a habit.

I think I've had anxiety/depression for about 17 years since the birth of my daughter and had various treatments and I'm still on anti-depressants.

didunn1
06-09-07, 21:37
Thanx so much Nigel for your reply. My anxiety/depression makes me feel so isolated. I've had a much better day today - had a shoppin day with a good friend.

Not sure about where to post - maybe anxiety forum. I have had a lot of things going on lately - prob not stressful to most people but to someone like me with anxiety/low self-esteem it's such an effort to get out of bed in a morning.

I really feel CBT was working for me however after a weekend away in July I began to feel negative thoughts creeping back setting up anxieties and I then start to compare myself to other people - which I know is wrong. I have had probs before with going away, I think my expectations are very high and if things don't go right or I don't enjoy myself my world caves in. Have just come back from two weeks away, I should be on top of the world but had so many anxious moments looking back on photos is too painful.

Krakers
07-09-07, 05:35
Hi Dianne - I can empathise with your feelings. Just around this time last year I seemed to fall into a black hole. I don't know what my brain was up to, but everything I thought about was bleak and negative. Even to the point where I'd spend days dwelling on things.

It lasted for 6 weeks, and these I count as my darkest time with my problem. I don't know why they went away, I just know they didn't last forever. Nothing is forever, it just feels like that. While once again these are words, just find the inner strength to take each day at a time and things will improve.

The brain can be a pain in the a$$ at times, but it also knows when to let go of ideas that don't come to fruition.

Hang in there hun.

(((( Hugs ))))

Krakers.

didunn1
07-09-07, 20:48
Thanks for your replies.

Mornings seem to be one of my biggest probs at the moment, can't seem to wake refreshed and treat the day like it is "a brand new day" with new experiences. I attach painful memories of yesterday and past experiences and start to predict the future. I sleep like a log but find it really hard to get going. I know I'm so lucky to be able to sleep right through but would love to wake relaxed and lie there planning my day. At the beginning of my CBT, I felt as though I could conquer the world, nothing has changed except my thoughts.

A lot of the stress I was experiencing at work is now dying down and I feel my anxiety is decreasing, however my depression is worse this week.

Today though after a bad start I've had a fantastic day, :yesyes: I didn't pay attention to those really nagging thoughts and somehow they didn't seem so important. I know they're still around. My character seems to change from one day to the next. When I look back at photos of my hols, I go straight back to how I felt then, I know my self esteem is low. However it's just a photo, that was then and this is now.:)