PDA

View Full Version : Colourful shapes

zebra
31-10-18, 15:42
Hi, i am 38 yrs old, healthy, but suffering from hypochondria..last complete eyes test at the doctor i had 8 months ago.everything absolutely fine..from spring i have some stress..in april for the first time and today for the second time i had some weird sensation.immedistely after i woke up i saw for cca 5 seconds how the vision is vibrating or jerking or how to say...it lasted only few seconds amd it gone away...no other vision problems, no headaches,nothing...does anyone have it?

zebra
31-10-18, 17:14
Ahaa...could it be anything serious if it happened only 2x? Once im spring, secind time now..for few seconds..i was at the neurologist in june bevause of back..and everything ok

Carys
31-10-18, 17:53
Zebra, your eyes were checked in April (as you had loads of eye concerns then, about pupil size differences etc.)

I don't think its nystagmus, I think its this....anxiety. The sensitive muscles around your eyes, when they have been highly stressed, can play up and give odd feelings of movement/things moving. Nystagmus is a diagnosable condition, by an optometerist (sp?), and it doesn't happen just twice in one year! I think we, on this forum, need to be very careful about mixing up real observable medical conditions with benign anxiety responses. I ve noticed a lot of it happening recently, people saying is my 'nystagmus (insert another condition)' indicative of anything serious? Nobody has even told this person they have 'nystagmus' (insert other medical condition)!

zebra
31-10-18, 19:06
Thank you!!

DanielOlsen
31-10-18, 19:57
I had this sometimes. My doctor explained to me that he thinks I am hyperventilating due to anxiety. Do you get anxiety attacks too? Then it is mostly due to that. Focus on you breath. It have helped me a lot.

zebra
31-10-18, 20:14
I had this sometimes. My doctor explained to me that he thinks I am hyperventilating due to anxiety. Do you get anxiety attacks too? Then it is mostly due to that. Focus on you breath. It have helped me a lot.

Yes, i am anxious, hypochondriac...and did you have it in the morning?

DanielOlsen
31-10-18, 20:36
Same. I also am a hypochondriac. Yes, on my way to school and work, but never just as I wake up. At home doing nothing. Vibrating vision has only happened when I have been severely anxious. I have to lay down as i could not see anything basically. feeling dizzy after. Some people maybe anxious because of PTSD or other mental factors. I am apparently hyperventilating which leads to these things. Or at least, that was my last thing my doctor told me.

zebra
01-11-18, 08:19
Thank you

Carys
02-11-18, 15:41
NOoooooooooooooo, its really not relevant at all. With respect, as I know you mean well, this is a diagnosable long-term disabling medical condition, which links to other serious illnesses.

I have no doubt, at this point, that Zebra doesn't have this with his/her two examples over the last 6 months of a slightly jittery few seconds with his/her eyes. (and an ongoing eye focused HA and a fairly recent eye test done).

People need to be very careful not to assume that the google searches they throw up are actually what they have, as more often than not it is certainly not.

---------- Post added at 15:41 ---------- Previous post was at 15:36 ----------

Here's a link to a recent thread, about a very similar thing that Zebra describes.......

https://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=225467

Carys
02-11-18, 16:20
Hiyer Pain,

You didn't need to delete your message.:) It wasn't that I didn't like it, but rather that I thought providing a link for Zebra to a rare medical eye condition was counter-productive and will further the fear/googling and doubting.

GiantMogwai
24-12-18, 18:49
Does it look a bit like this?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scintillating_scotoma#/media/File:Scintillating_scotoma.gif

Then see the following:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scintillating_scotoma

You can get these with or without migraine.

I had one a few days ago after eating a few chocolates following a couple of weeks without any. The effect lasts for me between 5 mins and a couple of hours.

zebra
07-03-19, 13:55
hi, i am 38 yrs old female, i have no problems, "only" the health anxiety :-) i would like zo ask if anyone else sometimes experience the same thing..once per month cca after i wake up, still in the dark, if i look for some socond to an object it seems to get larger and then immediately smaller, like it is expanding and then get again smaller...for exmaple television..in its edges..it seem to expanding a bit...like moving...but still on the same place...whe i turn the light on it is everything normal and ok...only after wake up...not in the evening...i was by the eye doctor 6months ago, everything ok, i see perfectly...

Elen
07-03-19, 15:53
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

Elen

zebra
08-03-19, 04:35
Anyone guys? I have to be staring at the object to have this se sensation...

Fishmanpa
08-03-19, 14:32
Anyone guys? I have to be staring at the object to have this se sensation...

Hyper-focusing on normal visual anomalies and attributing negative thoughts, feelings and fear. Being that this has been something going on for a while now, perhaps you can put it to bed :)

Positive thoughts

zebra
08-03-19, 15:00
Thank you, Fishmanpa!

QUOTE=Fishmanpa;1861621]Hyper-focusing on normal visual anomalies and attributing negative thoughts, feelings and fear. Being that this has been something going on for a while now, perhaps you can put it to bed :)

Positive thoughts[/QUOTE]

zebra
15-03-19, 18:39
Hi, this morning I saw outside on the pavement fir a second pink shape that wasnt there...once in 9 am, second in 11.30..since cca 9.30 am i had migraine..headache in temples and forehead and I wanted to vomit..at cca 13 oclock it stopped and I feel ok now...my friend told me she sometimes sees this shapes if she has headache...does anyone else have it?

Fishmanpa
15-03-19, 18:52
Scroll to the bottom of the page to see similar threads and look up migraine auras in the search bar.

Positive thoughts

Elen
15-03-19, 19:03
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

Elen

zebra
21-03-19, 14:17
hi, this morning i saw outside on the pavement fir a second pink shape that wasnt there...once in 9 am, second in 11.30..since cca 9.30 am i had migraine..headache in temples and forehead and i wanted to vomit..at cca 13 oclock it stopped and i feel ok now...my friend told me she sometimes sees this shapes if she has headache...does anyone else have it?

anyone, guys??
I experienced it again today...for a second..pink spot on the pavement (never anywhere else)..it was sunny...and i saw it peripherally..when i looked at it it disappeared...

Fishmanpa
21-03-19, 15:34
Hyper-focusing on normal visual anomalies and attributing negative thoughts, feelings and fear. Being that this has been something going on for a while now, perhaps you can put it to bed :)

Positive thoughts

zebra
27-03-19, 10:51
Positive thoughts
Thank you, Fishmanpa, you are probably right!

zebra
15-04-19, 15:55
Today it happened again...i come frim the relatively dim room to sun lightened bathroom, look in the mirror to comb my hair and look on the light pavement and i saw a red rectangle likr shape, i look at the white door,the same shape there..i am anxious person..last month i experience it 3-4times..nothing else..no blurry vision, no headache etc.last complere eye control 03/2018-totally ok..neurologist 05/2018-everything ok.is it normal or coulf it be a sign of brain tumour?

Fishmanpa
15-04-19, 16:16

What are you doing to treat your anxiety?

Positive thoughts