PDA

View Full Version : Dents on finger nails worried ??

Brad10
16-03-19, 01:08
I'm healthy young male and just got my blood done everything fine but I was looking at my nails and notice I have dents on my thumbs and one finger is that anything to worry about? Kinda worrying about it

Fishmanpa
16-03-19, 01:31
I'm healthy young male and just got my blood done everything fine

There ya go! :D

positive thoughts

Captain irrational
18-03-19, 00:05
I've had a small dent on my thumbnail for as long as I can remember. Have not died yet.

LilyLabVA
18-03-19, 15:46
Healthy and have the same thing in both thumb nails. I think it’s bc I pick my cuticles. Anything that causes any trauma even a manicure can cause this.

lofwyr
18-03-19, 23:43
Any meds? I get Beau's lines on all ten nails, but for me it is suspected to be the beta blocker I take, metoprolol, causing it.

Brad10
27-03-19, 19:56
Okay thank you, maybe I'm just worried for no reason they could have been there for a long time just never notice it

Gubler
07-08-21, 22:45
I know this is a relatively old thread but just for anyone else struggling and looking for a little reassurance (probably are considering you’re on an anxiety site) - I noticed these horizontal little indents on my nails (mostly my thumbs but also a little more faint on some other fingers) that I convinced myself are beau’s lines. Saw 2 doctors to calm my nerves and of course they said that they would not be considered beau’s lines at all. Most people have superficial horizontal lines on their nails and it’s completely normal, so from that I assume beau’s lines are a lot more obvious and if sinister accompanied by other (more obvious) symptoms. Easier said than done when you find something that grabs your attention like this but honestly if you’re looking for weird things on your nails you’re probably down a pretty deep rabbit hole already.