PDA

View Full Version : Escitalopram/Lexapro and low resting heart rate.

Keeping hope
16-03-19, 20:02
I started taking escitalopram 5mg 7 days ago. Since starting my resting heart rate has gone from 72 to 61. I am overweight and not super active so it seems low. It's really making me nervous. Im supposed to go up to 10mg today but now I'm not sure i want to

LisaS
02-11-19, 11:49
I’d actually like to know the answer to this too.
I wear a Fitbit and my resting HR is normally around 72bpm but since I’ve started Escitalopram it’s dropped to 60bpm...

panic_down_under
02-11-19, 22:55
I wear a Fitbit and my resting HR is normally around 72bpm but since I’ve started Escitalopram it’s dropped to 60bpm...

Serotonin is the signalling protein involved in regulating blood vessel tone, constriction and dilation, and SSRIs tend to induce dilation. 60 bpm is at the low end of the normal adult resting heart rate range and these days the low 60s are considered better than higher rates. SSRIs also reduce the amount of serotonin held in blood platelets which 'thins' the blood.

Phill2
03-11-19, 00:35
I started taking escitalopram 5mg 7 days ago. Since starting my resting heart rate has gone from 72 to 61. I am overweight and not super active so it seems low. It's really making me nervous. Im supposed to go up to 10mg today but now I'm not sure i want to

60 is great for a resting rate.
I've been on 10mg for years now and mine is usually 60 or a little below.
Nothing to be concerned about.