PDA

View Full Version : Varicose vein fear

Stephmck82
17-03-19, 21:08
Hi I'm new here, I am a 37 year old mum of 4. During my last pregnancy I had a silent PE, it wasn't big and was treated with 6 months of blood thinking injections. My daughter is now 15 months old and I have developed an ugly varicose vein running from front of thigh to just below my knee. I am terrified I am going to get a clot as I made the mistake of googling varicose veins. Can someone reassure me. I am currently 3 st overweight (working on it) ex smoker for 5 years but I do vape.

venusbluejeans
17-03-19, 21:21
Hiya Stephmck82 and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and
are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and
support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

Pkstracy
19-03-19, 02:53
Varicose veins can also be due to having a lot of weight, standing for long periods of time on hard surfaces, my grandmother had varicose veins, she died at 91, my mother in law has them, she is very active, biking and walking a lot, had six children, she is healthy as a horse, pregnant women get them, never believe anything you google about health issues, When I got cellulitis and went into the clinic, he noticed my varicose veins and didn't say one word about them, my husband has one or two his physical came back perfect.