PDA

View Full Version : Going To London!!!

Paddington
07-09-07, 12:28
hI everyone:hugs: i want to tell you about how much better i am as i think it gives encouragment and hope when we feel as tho we we will never get better....i'll try and keep it brief:) when i joined NMP i was house bound..having up to two /3 panics a day and thought my life was over..i yearned for the 'old me':weep: By reading the posts on here..and listening to the advice ..buying the cd's [paul mkenna in my case]slowly i began to take small tentative steps,,going in a shop..waiting in a queue:ohmy: getting my eyes tested:wacko: ..all my milestones are on the success forum so i wont bore you with the details:D well i started to go to concerts too:shades: on wednesday i went to see the Police in concert at the NIA...YES THE RUDDY NIA..people every where..humid..the lot:ohmy: i did not need ONE valium..i did not get plastered to get there either:blush: !Now tommorrow is my biggest step yet..i am going to london to see Prince at the o2.I have not been to London since i was 15..erm and that is a loooooong time ago:huh: Last year i was asked to join in a tv progg..about agoraphobia..[thru this site]but i had to go to london..i was so upset as i said to the girl, that is like saying you can be free..but first you have to climb this huge bridge with no end covered in barbed wire....i could not go to London..simple as that.Well guys i am going..i am staying at the clarendon hotel for 2 nights too..and i hate being away from home..so well, what i am trying to say is you can get better ..do things again..enjoy simple things like shopping again..i NEVER believed i would till you guys showed me the way , by self acceptence and taking small steps..not dwelling on the bad days [i still have then believe me]and feeling joy in each achievment,..like walking down a short road on my own,going to the dentist..stuff like that..i have built on it .and you will too:flowers: I will let you know how i get on when i get back guys.it may be that it is not plain sailing..life rarely is..but i am going to london:yesyes: Lots of love and thanks.Paddie...formerly known as mary rose..[just getting in the spirit of it..lol..]xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

mystics
07-09-07, 12:38
WOW PADDIE YOU GO GAL :yesyes: :yesyes: :yesyes: :yesyes:

Wishing you all the fun and love in the world for your break in London

Many thanks also for inspiring us all into knowing we can get over this dreaded agoraphobia.

Well done hun and will be thinking of you.

Brightest Angel Blessings and soooooooo many :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
Mystics:flowers:

clickaway
07-09-07, 12:47
Paddie - that's great you are making this trip - I bet Prince is great on stage - the atmosphere will be terrific!

You go girl! :yesyes:

Quirky
07-09-07, 13:36
Well done for all you have achieved Paddie and have a great time in London :yesyes:

:hugs:

Lisa x

Piglet
07-09-07, 14:27
Aww Pads that's a smashing post mate - well done!!

There is so much I could say but I've already used some very big and clever words this week, as you yourself have too (thinking 'hink' and 'fabuloso') and we haven't even drunk our milk yet have we! :winks:

You go and have a lovely time - I wonder if he'll be wearing his black high flip flops with white socks as he was in a magazine recently!! I may add that little ensemble to my wardrobe and wow the crowds round my way!!!

I sing a bit like Prince if truth be known "Purple rain aww ahh awww" followed by a real screech!!!!:yesyes: Right well that cleared the tubes and dislodged some lunch coating my throat but the keyboard will never be the same again!! Hold that image for when he sings that number and then think of me doing the same!!

Love Piglet :flowers:

Lindalou64
07-09-07, 14:56
thats great paddy im so happy for you,its great to read such a positive post im sure you will have a great time...and nel you are too funny with your little comments u always make me laugh............wish ya the best paddy have a good time..............linda xxxx

trac67
07-09-07, 15:31
Paddie,

Well done you matey xx Have a fabulous time seeing Prince I bet he will be fantastic:yesyes:

YOU GO GIRL :hugs:

Love

Trac xxxx

Granny Primark
07-09-07, 20:22
Paddie my dear friend I am so so pleased to read your post.
You truly are an inspiration to us all.
You have a fantastic time and come back and tell us all about it.
Also thanks for all the support you have given me. Your a star!

losts of love
LYNN xx

honeybee3939
07-09-07, 20:29
Hi Paddie

So pleased to read you post and hearing about all the progress you have made.:yesyes:

I think we joined the site more or less the same time and its so good to see how people progress. You have achieved some brillant challenges over the past months. Im real proud of you:) , have great time in London my friend !

Love and hugs
Andrea
xxxx

Panic1971
07-09-07, 20:43
Hi Paddie

Enjoy your trip and have a fabulous time at the Prince concert. :yesyes:

Take care x

Coni
07-09-07, 20:46
Hi Paddie, what you have achieved is absolutely fantastic! You're a real inspiration and its so good to hear how well you are doing!

Best of luck for your trip to London....im sure you'll have a great time and I look forward to hearing all about it.

If you dont mind I shall use your success to help me on my way to New York in 2 weeks time, cos at the moment Im absolutely petrified lol!

Well done paddie

love and hugs
Coni XX

Southern_Belle
09-09-07, 15:20
Hi Paddie,

Wow, you have come a long way! Have a great time at the concert and tell us all about it and London too. You are soooo lucky!!! Hoping you are having a great time.

Love,

Laura

Paddington
11-09-07, 10:37
Thank you all so very much :hugs: I have to say a HUGE thank you to Karen..who was my txt buddy the whole way there..during my stay and back again too..Karen you are in truth the kindest person i have ever known..you saved my life on more than one occassion hun..you are a blessing and a joy to know..god bless you :hugs: Well guys the jorney there was tolerable ..i then had to got thru the blackwall tunnel..i am saying to Adam.,.no i am not going thru a tunnel..hence me txtin Karen:ohmy: i also thought of Pips and her tunnel[in the nicest sense i mean..her holiday tunnel ,oh dear this sounds worse by the second:blush: ]Any hoo peeps..arrived..hotel was awful..room was stuffy with a view of a skip:ohmy: ..i then thought of Nicola and her bad experience in a hotelroom with no air.[another txt to Karen!].......so took my own advice..complained and got the room changed:yesyes: Went and sat in the village,,black heath near Greenwich..it is lovely not busy or crowded..and there are flocks of wild parakeets in the trees:D we had some cocktails then had a meal in a tapas restuarant..i really enjoyed it.Sadley when i got back to the hotel..it all went wrong:weep: my stmach started to hurt really badly..agony in fact:ohmy: the road outside the window was so busy and noisy i could not get to sleep[txt my saviour again]Adam was snorin like a buffalo..and i so wanted to come home guys..still i couldnt so had to jfdi!Was still in pain on the sunday ..but went for a tootle round greenwich..in a trance of pain most of the time..[wish the drs coud sort my gut out !] it started to subside so luckily managed the concert..the o2 is HUGE..i would NEVER have been able to LOOK at a place that big ,at one time,let alone walk into it!!..We had vip tickets for the bar area too[well of cause darling:winks: ]so that was not too crowded:) ..the concert was wondeful ,i was not on good form really as i had been so ill i was over tired..but what an experience ..what an achievment gang..we can do this you know..we truly can..all of us:flowers: I would not have made it tho if it were not for Karen...she helped keep myanxiety levels down..and seeing as she is ill herself i think a huge medal should be sent to her :flowers: Sadley my tum is still painfull[getting fedup with it now:mad: ]so i wont be on here a lot ..but i wanted you to know that it is doable folks..it truly is ..specially with a gaurdian angel watchin over you,like Karen.:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: I think i will hang my rock chick shoes up for a while gang,and let my body get well..Thankks again for all the wonderful replies..Piglet..hilarious ,as ever hun:hugs: Love Paddie .xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Piglet
11-09-07, 13:49
Oh Pads you did marvellously well mate - it's not at all fun to be away from home and not feeling good is it. Hey though what a fantastic achievement!!! :yesyes: :yesyes: :yesyes: :yesyes:

Karen you need a big hug too for looking after Pads so well like that you little star!!! I too agree cos you driving me to have a nose at where the CBT place was made all the difference to my confidence going there for my assement!!

Group hug :yesyes:

pips
11-09-07, 16:10
Well Done Paddie,:yesyes:

I hope you have a wonderful time.

Love & Hugs,:hugs:

Pip's X X X X

Paddington
13-09-07, 13:34
thanks Piglet and pips to for replying to my post:hugs: i think i should have put it ina differnt place or as a new thread maybe, as i think it could really inspire others to believe in them selves..what do you think?I dont know how to do it..:wacko: Love Paddie.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Piglet
13-09-07, 14:10
Yes do do that Pads - sometimes when we stick to the same post it gets lost abit.

Karen
13-09-07, 16:22
Paddie - I am sooo pleased you posted this as a success hun and I am so pleased I could be there for you.

Big hugs for going and coping so well :hugs:

Piglet you made me laugh too :)

I'm glad I could help you feel more comfortable by taking you to see where the CBT would be taking place :hugs:

Karen xxx

clickaway
13-09-07, 19:15
So well done Paddie! Next time you do something like this, it won't be so challenging!

What a star Karen is - you were blessed :)

nomorepanic
13-09-07, 20:14
Paddie

Wow - well done you - what great success and achievements

So proud of you MR:hugs: :yesyes:

groovygranny
13-09-07, 21:54
Paddie - I am in complete and utter awe of you my friend!!

Truly an inspiring thread - if you really want to start a new thread how about copying and pasting it with a new title??

Or maybe post in in the 'Personal Stories' section of the website by clicking on the contribute' tab?

But, as it is such a success story maybe it should just stay right here ??

Wherever it ends up it's going to inspire many more I'm sure!!

Well done !!

Loads of http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k100/marsha_96/BigHugs.gif to you !! XXX XXX XXX

:hugs::hugs::hugs:

:flowers::flowers::flowers:

Quirky
13-09-07, 22:26
Well done Paddie :yesyes: :hugs: and hugs for Karen too :hugs:

Lisa x

honeybee3939
14-09-07, 19:00
What a great success Paddie !

Yet another achievement for you,:yesyes: as usual i am so proud of you and so glad Karen was able to text you to give you encouragement, theres some lovely people on NMP, I think we where blessed to have the pleasure to meet them all.

WELL DONE !!!!!!:yesyes:

love
Andrea
xxxxx

mynydd
15-09-07, 00:01
Well done hun x :yesyes: :flowers:

Lindalou64
15-09-07, 02:04
Well Done Paddy Im Happy You Went Even If You Did Have A Little Here And There Thats Norm But Knowing U Can Do It Is The Key.......and Yes It Donrt Make Things Any Better With Belly Probs Im Having Alot Of That Now And Test....wish Ya The Best In All You Do..........linda Xxx

Paddington
17-09-07, 10:56
Thanks you guys:) i am feeling pretty down at the moment so just goes to show that it is a very bumpy ride the anxiety roller coaster:lac: Iti s important to concentrate on the positive i know..but hey some days are well ..horrid:weep: And my other half is pushing to do more stuff too..he is taking me to london again this weekend to see Prince again with front row tickets ..and i DONT WANT TO GO!:weep: I need a rest and feel poorly all the time..crying ,the whole kit an kaboodle:mad: This awful pain i have had since the last trip away i think is stress related...Anxiety works its evil way in different forms i think:mad: Sorry this is not very positive is it i will shut up now..thanks again for all your support:flowers: Love Paddie.xxxxxxxxx

clickaway
17-09-07, 12:27
Paddie, have some hugs :hugs: :hugs: mate, as I know how you feel! These things take time, and I found at the weekend I couldn't even go shopping, let alone see Prince!

I believe that if you are not happy about doing something you have less chance of suceeding.

Take Care,

Paddington
17-09-07, 12:36
Thanks Ray..you are such an inspiration..your trip to cambridge..using public trasnsport ..WOW!I know the more i dwell on the negative the less likely this trip is to be a success..soooooo i shall try to not think about it at all:) if i can get rid of this pain then i will be in a better frame of mind about it all..thanks again for the support mate:flowers: Love Paddie.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

happyone
17-09-07, 14:40
Paddie hun,
you are flaming fantastic!
LONDON!!!! I can't manage Edinburgh LOL!!!!
I would love to go to London for a weekend break and to see a show but it just seems out of my reach. You are fantastic hun, really and truelly!
:yesyes: :yesyes: :yesyes: :yesyes: :yesyes: :yesyes: :yesyes: :yesyes: :yesyes: :yesyes: :yesyes:
happyone
xxx

Karen
17-09-07, 16:38
Hi Paddie

Just remember how far you have come hun.

Prince again and so soon after the last trip to London and while still in pain :hugs:

You are truly and inspiration :yesyes:

Remember you have my phone numbers and know where I am if you need me.

Karen xx

Paddington
20-09-07, 11:31
thanks Happy ,one and Karen..gunna post another thread now ready for tommorrow..Hey Happyone..hun..i do not go in to the centre of London..:ohmy: blackheath is a small village..you could be in wales or somewhere..no hustle bustle for me hun:D ..Thanks Karen i will be in touch no doubt ..with good news hopfully bless ya hun:hugs: Love Paddie.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Karen
20-09-07, 12:39
OK Paddie :yesyes:

You know where I am hun :hugs:

Karen xxx

Piglet
20-09-07, 14:09
Posted on the other one lol!!

Piglet :flowers: