PDA

View Full Version : How far I've come

W.I.F.T.S.
07-09-07, 17:24
Whilst I'm still far from well again, in the 5 years that I've suffered with GAD, panic disorder and depression I've made great strides in my life. In 2002 I'd decided to give up my ambition of working in the television industry as I was sick of being forever on the bottom wrung of the ladder and being permanently broke. Without much of an idea of what to do next I stumbled around, taking the odd job as a market researcher or as a salesman, but mostly working in factories to make ends meet. I had a very dysfunctional relationship with an older woman. I was taking drugs. Friendships and family ties were falling apart.

Now, I have a job in what I went to Uni to do and where I'm appreciated and valued. I have ambitions to persue other things. I'm steadily getting sorted with money. I haven't taken drugs in 5 years and I hardly ever get drunk. I have the most wonderful girlfriend and my relationships are generally much stronger than ever. Plus, I understand myself much better and why I keep falling into depression and I have much more insight into how to deal with fear.

Like I said, I'm still not well, but that really is some progress. All the more astounding considering I've done it while suffering from frequent panic attacks, depersonalisation and severe depression. Maybe the illness can be a force for good?

Piglet
07-09-07, 17:58
That's super to read - well done!! :yesyes:

Piglet :flowers:

honeybee3939
07-09-07, 20:24
Hi

So pleased to read of your successes, you have some great progress hun, and sound so positive.:)

WELL DONE !

Love
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxxx

Coni
07-09-07, 20:48
What a lovely post to read wifts. You really have done so well and its good to see your feeling better.

luv Coni XX

Nibbles
08-09-07, 20:04
Excellent news Wifts, I'm really pleased all your hard work is paying off. :yesyes:

Take care,

Mike

Southern_Belle
09-09-07, 15:26
So great to read such a positive post, hope your good news continues.

Hugs,

Laura