PDA

View Full Version : Coming off tablets for my anxiety

phil06
07-09-07, 17:42
I've just took that step and decided to start reducing my propranolol . I reduced them about 6 months ago as I was taking 60mg a day and I was fine. I originally started on 40mg per day and that's what I have been taking for the last 6 months but now I've cut them to 20mg just taking them in the morning so I am a bit worried.

I have decided if I get the tightness and pains back I will take them again. I have to see the doctor on Tuesday and he wants to see how I've got on so had no choice but to reduce them as he thinks I don’t need the medication anymore.

Can anybody offer any reassurance? I worry about the anxiety coming back worse and If there are side effects. :shrug:

samtheman
09-09-07, 16:34
I've just took that step and decided to start reducing my propranolol . I reduced them about 6 months ago as I was taking 60mg a day and I was fine. I originally started on 40mg per day and that's what I have been taking for the last 6 months but now I've cut them to 20mg just taking them in the morning so I am a bit worried.

I have decided if I get the tightness and pains back I will take them again. I have to see the doctor on Tuesday and he wants to see how I've got on so had no choice but to reduce them as he thinks I don’t need the medication anymore.

Can anybody offer any reassurance? I worry about the anxiety coming back worse and If there are side effects. :shrug:

If you've had no CBT etc anxiety probably will return as the underlying cause has not been addressed.