PDA

View Full Version : I’m back. Worried about bronchitis?

aanns_GAD
19-03-19, 19:08
Helllloooooo ugh. Sick in bed and feeling like straight garbage. My anxiety is super high and I can’t stop the racing thoughts. So I started feeling a tickle in my throat Sunday night and a day of drinking for st paddy’s day. Thought it was from drinking and from being around a lot of smoke from people smoking all over but then the next day, yesterday, I woke up with such a bad sore throat. Last night it was so bad that my right lymph node was hurting if I put my chin up. I was up all night with body aches, post nasal drip, and just feeling like shit. I don’t feel like I have a fever. I’m not sweating. I don’t have the chills. I was sneezing yesterday and a little bit today. My throat just feels like a freaking cheese grater was taken to it and I’m super sick to my stomach from it. Do you think this is a cold or the flu?

nomorepanic
19-03-19, 20:01
I have never had the flu and I understand you would know if you had it.

Why is it worrying you which it is?

cofo
19-03-19, 20:28
this doesn't sound like the flu. the flu usually comes on really fast, not with a tickle at the beginning. and a fever is a really common sympton of the flu.
now, if you got the flu vaccine, then you might get this milder version. it really sounds like a cold, that post nasal drip and sore throat is classic cold symptom.
the other thing that comes to mind, because you mention sore throat and a little nausea, is it could be is strep throat. but normally you would have a fever with that too.
strep is an easy fix with antibiotics.
you can wait and see how you feel tomorrow. if you start running a fever(take your temp)of over 100.5 go to a doc in the box and get a strep test.
otherwise gargle with some warm salt water and hydrate. and rest
you'll be fine

aanns_GAD
21-03-19, 08:20
I posted here like literally three days ago about being concerned if I had the flu or a cold. Well now I’m very very concerned that I could have bronchitis. This morning I was coughing up yellow phlem and the cough has been lingering all day. I took some DayQuil severe around 5pm to see if it would help my throat irritation and clear up the post nasal drip. I laid down in bed maybe an hour ago and when I tried to sleep it felt like I was being woken up because I was having labored breathing. Like the urge to really suck a breath in. I got up and made some food and just took more DayQuil but now I’m worried that I just made this whole thing worse. What if it is bronchitis and I now try to sleep and I stop breathing or I get woken up again and have to force air or what if I choke on my own mucus and have a hard time breathing? I had really bad bronchitis two years ago and I remember taking mucinex the liquid stuff and then having to puke my brains out because the cough was so bad. It’s not like that now. I’m just coughing here and there but feels like my airway is tight. Also can’t tell if this is anxiety induced too. Should I be so worried?

Elen
21-03-19, 08:34
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

Elen

Midnight-mouse
21-03-19, 11:03
I posted here like literally three days ago about being concerned if I had the flu or a cold. Well now I’m very very concerned that I could have bronchitis. This morning I was coughing up yellow phlem and the cough has been lingering all day. I took some DayQuil severe around 5pm to see if it would help my throat irritation and clear up the post nasal drip. I laid down in bed maybe an hour ago and when I tried to sleep it felt like I was being woken up because I was having labored breathing. Like the urge to really suck a breath in. I got up and made some food and just took more DayQuil but now I’m worried that I just made this whole thing worse. What if it is bronchitis and I now try to sleep and I stop breathing or I get woken up again and have to force air or what if I choke on my own mucus and have a hard time breathing? I had really bad bronchitis two years ago and I remember taking mucinex the liquid stuff and then having to puke my brains out because the cough was so bad. It’s not like that now. I’m just coughing here and there but feels like my airway is tight. Also can’t tell if this is anxiety induced too. Should I be so worried?

Just sounds like a cheery cough with a cold, if I get a cold it’s guaranteed to go to my chest. If it’s still bad after a week see your doctor to see if you need anything to clear it up, likelihood is you’ll be seeing improvements in a weeks time though.

Positive vibes,

Mouse

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ErinKC
21-03-19, 11:50
Just sounds like a cheery cough with a cold, if I get a cold it’s guaranteed to go to my chest. If it’s still bad after a week see your doctor to see if you need anything to clear it up, likelihood is you’ll be seeing improvements in a weeks time though.

I agree with mouse. Every cold I get goes to my chest a few days in. Yours has followed my cold pattern to the letter - starting with sore through, finishing with cough. I always take some Advil to reduce inflammation and pain in my throat and chest and drink tons of fluids - tea, water, OJ, etc. But, really, the only thing that stops it is rest. You won't stop breathing in your sleep, so do get as much as you can and you'll feel better in a day or so!

glassgirlw
22-03-19, 02:24

sounds like the ridiculous cold I had that started in November and ended in January :doh: I grabbed some Echinacea tea bags - also called Throat Coat - lace it with a little honey and drink as hot as you can stand. Feels awesome on the throat and helps loosen up the chest crud. Also used AlkaSeltzer Plus Cold. And threw in some mucinex during the daytime. It’s sucks but you’ll be ok!

aanns_GAD
22-03-19, 15:14
You guys. I woke up this morning around 5am and got in the shower to sit with the steam and I was hacking up the most foul colored mucus and when I got out I couldn’t breathe. I was coughing so hard that the tickle and choking feeling was so intense. I woke my husband up and we went to the ER. They gave me 60mg of prednisone and a breathing treatment. Now I’m home. The feeling is still there but not as intense. The doctor said that the steroids won’t really kick in for 4-6 hours. And I have to take 50mg once a day for the next five days....but now I’m super concerned that the nurse might’ve given me the wrong meds. I know it sounds stupid but it’s my anxiety. I hate hospitals and I was so anxious and I asked her twice to be sure that it wa sin fact prednisone. Ughhhh I just want to be back to normal guys

nomorepanic
22-03-19, 15:44
They don't make mistakes like that with drugs - it is just your imagination. I assume you have the drugs at home now as well to take so you can check what they are?

aanns_GAD
22-03-19, 16:46
Yes. I have five tablets of 50mg prednisone here at home. The ones she gave me were pooped out of a individual tab thing and they were pink. Different color than the ones I have here. I think that’s why I had the anxious thought

Scass
22-03-19, 19:53
Have you taken one yet?
I just googled pink prednisone 50 and it came up with lots of images of pink pills. Do that if it will help that fear, or just let it go & trust your pharmacist.

aanns_GAD
23-03-19, 00:49
Yes so I took those pink ones at the ER so like 6:4am. It is now 5:47pm and I feel loads better. Still coughing but not as intense and that choking feeling is going away. I’m worried about sleeping tonight since I haven’t been able to sleep all week and I don’t want another episode of this morning to happen when I wake up BUT it shouldn’t because I have steroids in my system and they are doing their job, right?! Ugh just gotta keep telling the anxiety that.

I’m also in this group on Facebook and these women keep talking about pertussis and whooping cough and all these things that are going around and it makes me not want to leave my house until summer time

Scass
23-03-19, 06:37
I’m sure you’ll be loads better soon. Try not to worry about what’s going round.

aanns_GAD
23-03-19, 20:34
I’m on steroids for a cough I’ve developed after being super sick since Monday. Last night I went out with my hubs to get take out and I had a tissue in one of my hands. I spoke two words to the cashier and had a coughing fit. Full on tickling and choking and couldn’t get a solid breath in. I was panicking. I ran out of the place. I can’t remember what hand touched the handle. I grabbed the top and pushed and ran out to finish coughing. I spit into the tissue in my hand. Then in the car I had the thought. What if I just grabbed that handle, spit into a tissue that touched it or my contaminated hand, and what if I just reintroduced another virus into my body?! I can’t stop thinking about it. I’m so anxious over being so sick as it is. I can’t get sick again. I haven’t slept for more than a few hours since last Saturday. I’m so tired and overwhelmed and full of those depressed dread feelings. I just want to stop coughing so I can sleep and gym and clean my house and feel normal.

nomorepanic
23-03-19, 20:41
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

Scass
24-03-19, 07:18
You won’t get sick again, just concentrate on what’s going on now. Rest & relax.