PDA

View Full Version : Racing thoughts?

Missb89
21-03-19, 15:21
Is it normal with health anxiety to have racing thoughts that keep you up all night and fill you with adrenaline? I worry that maybe I have Bipolar 2 and then I start ruminating and obsessing about that, and my thoughts have raced and kept me up all night about other health issues before.

Can racing thoughts happen with only anxiety?

Fishmanpa
21-03-19, 15:49
Is it normal with health anxiety to have racing thoughts that keep you up all night and fill you with adrenaline? I worry that maybe I have Bipolar 2 and then I start ruminating and obsessing about that, and my thoughts have raced and kept me up all night about other health issues before.

Can racing thoughts happen with only anxiety?

We all have racing thoughts that can keep us up at night. The difference is that anxiety sufferers often take them into the realm of irrationality and fantasy and spiral out of control. How often have you read posts that clearly are total mental fabrications? Just one peek at the board will affirm that :whistles:

Positive thoughts

Missb89
21-03-19, 16:06
True. I just felt fueled by pure adrenaline and couldn’t stop pacing freaking out about having bipolar, and is this mania? So then I started to question could bipolar mania manifest as obsessions about health and racing thoughts and such, but a big part of me says no, this is just another manifestation of health anxiety that is focusing on a mental instead of physical illness.

And I have been extremely stressed with school and also got some abnormal bloodwork back so I’m sure that didn’t help anything.

I’m trying to distract but I just keep obsessing over whether or not I have bipolar.