PDA

View Full Version : Eye Floaters

allen1989
22-03-19, 18:59
Hi,

Hoping I can get some advice on this or find someone with the same symptom.

Over the past couple months or so I keep noticing eye floaters, they look like black translucent stringy worms in my vision! I seem to notice them more when it’s bright outside or looking at a white wall. Sometimes, especially when it’s bright, I can have loads moving across my vision!!

I was really worried so went to an optician who did a thorough eye exam, dilated, and said my eyes were perfectly healthy and it’s just a normal thing with age, I’m only 29!!

I’m now wondering if I’ve always had floaters and my anxiety is just making me aware of them.

BlueIris
22-03-19, 19:02
Yep, I have tons of these.

They're annoying, aren't they?

Midnight-mouse
22-03-19, 19:10
Hi,

Hoping I can get some advice on this or find someone with the same symptom.

Over the past couple months or so I keep noticing eye floaters, they look like black translucent stringy worms in my vision! I seem to notice them more when it’s bright outside or looking at a white wall. Sometimes, especially when it’s bright, I can have loads moving across my vision!!

I was really worried so went to an optician who did a thorough eye exam, dilated, and said my eyes were perfectly healthy and it’s just a normal thing with age, I’m only 29!!

I’m now wondering if I’ve always had floaters and my anxiety is just making me aware of them.

I’m only 25 and I have loads too! Your eyes have been checked so you’re all good.

Positive vibes,

Mouse

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RadioGaGa
22-03-19, 19:13
You're only 29? Wow, I've had these from I was a teen! (25 now)

Fishmanpa
22-03-19, 22:12
You're only 29? Wow, I've had these from I was a teen! (25 now)

Kids :lac:... I'm 60 and if I deliberately focus, I do too ;)

Positive thoughts

KK77
23-03-19, 00:39
Kids :lac:... I'm 60 and if I deliberately focus, I do too ;)

Positive thoughts

That's because you have a fisheye lens ;)

Hypo84
23-03-19, 18:39
I started seeing them in September last year and I see them constantly from then on. Every day, only thing that helps are sunglasses.

Heard it is nothing serious, there is no real illness connected to it apart from retinal detachment which includes light flashes.

Everyone says you stop noticing them eventually. I doubt that since this is going on for more than 6 months. We will see

allen1989
26-03-19, 13:25
Thanks for the replyÂ’s. Hopefully with time I will stop noticing them as much 🙏🤔

allen1989
12-04-19, 13:37
Hi,

I previously started a thread on eye floaters but am still plagued everyday by the anxiety they bring!!

I got so stressed about them last week that I actually went to an eye A&E! The ophthalmologist did a thorough dilated eye exam and said my eyes were perfectly healthy! but I’m just not convinced.......typical health anxiety!!

I feel like I can just constantly see these translucent worms floating across my vision! They get worse when looking at white walls/bright backgrounds, it’s like black cobwebs in my vision!! When looking at white walls I must have about 10 in each eye that move when I move my eyes!!

I’m not sure if I’ve had these for a while and I’m just more aware but they cause so much anxiety!!!! Help!!!!!

nomorepanic
12-04-19, 13:43
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

Hypo84
12-04-19, 16:20
You are eyes are healthy, not sure what more do you want to hear?

I have floaters as well since September and I see them constantly during the day, even when I am not looking at white wall or sky. Of course then, I see more of them. And yes, I see them every day literally, and I am not sure whether they will go away, but you heard from doctor that you are fine. And floaters are completely benign thing not related to any serious disease other than retinal detachment which you don't have.

allen1989
14-04-19, 15:21
You are eyes are healthy, not sure what more do you want to hear?

I have floaters as well since September and I see them constantly during the day, even when I am not looking at white wall or sky. Of course then, I see more of them. And yes, I see them every day literally, and I am not sure whether they will go away, but you heard from doctor that you are fine. And floaters are completely benign thing not related to any serious disease other than retinal detachment which you don't have.

Thanks for replying 👍.

I know and I’m trying hard to accept that I have nothing wrong with me. I’m going through a bad patch of anxiety at the moment and I just seem aware of everything! I mean everything!! It’s horrible but just trying to push on.

Hypo84
14-04-19, 15:43
Accept that you will see them for the rest of your life, everyday, without break.

Pkstracy
14-04-19, 18:37
Hi, my husband just had eye surgery and his eye surgeon told him floaters are normal its something in the eye that builds up and then gets washed away or falls away from the eye on the inside and then replenished. Think of it like dead skin cells that flake

off and then regrows.

WiredIncorrectly
17-04-19, 23:51
First time I noticed eye floaters I was 13. It was a summers day, I was looking to the sky, and noticed lots of dots and squiggly lines. I said to my friend "do you have squiggly lines in your vision when you look at the sky?". He said "Yeah and if I try to follow them with my eye they move". From that day forward I have known everybody has them. If you've seen Family Guy you'll know Stewie made a joke of them :p That's how common they are.

Actually, it's funny. The background of this site is white, and now you talked about floaters I can see them ... whereas I didn't notice them before you mentioned it. That's because the brain filters them out ... unless you focus on them.

The brain filters a lot of unwanted noise. The same as it filters your heartbeat vibration so you don't feel it ... but if you focus on your heartbeat then hey presto you now have heart palpitations.

The brain is a self destructive weapon at times.

Lajaca
18-04-19, 11:02
I get these a lot , very annoying but it’s our dear friend anxiety