PDA

View Full Version : newbie

sazzle
08-09-07, 10:38
Hi all, thought id introduce myself

Ive been suffering with panic attacks for about 3 years now. Im back on a forum because recently i thought i was cured. I had been seeing a CBT therapist for a while and my attacks had gone and i felt 'normal' again. Now out of the blue they are back and worse than ever! I think im at the lowest ive ever been because i dont understand how they can be back and im angry at myself for letting it happen.

I think that it all came back because i went on a family holiday with my parents , away from my partner for 2 weeks, in cyprus miles away from home. It seems everything ive been told has gone right out of the window and that im back to square one only this time the attacks are the worse ive ever had, like that go on for a whole day and night.

so im here to try to sort myself out again and to convince myself yet again that there is nothing wrong with me (had all the tests and scans and perfectly healthy).

So hi !

trac67
08-09-07, 12:52
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends

Take care

Trac xxx

Lindalou64
08-09-07, 14:55
Hello Sazzle And Welcome...........linda

kazzie
08-09-07, 15:30
Welcome Sazzle:D

Luv Kaz x

nomorepanic
08-09-07, 18:05
:welcome: Sazzle

Lovely to see you here and hope we can be of some help.

didunn1
08-09-07, 18:54
Hi sazzle, I've been havin CBT too and finally felt I was gaining control of my thoughts. I felt like I could climb everest and I would never have probs with panic/anxiety again. However over the summer work pressure increased and I found these attacks came bac worse than ever. I don't know how I managed to keep goin in evryday. I find it hard to concentrate when my mind is so cluttered, it never shuts up!I broke down once but I consider myself really strong cos I didn't give in.

Be strong, it's good to know we're not on our own.

Southern_Belle
08-09-07, 20:16
Hi Sazzle,

Welcome to the site. Many here know how you feel and you will get support.

Hugs,

Laura

Nibbles
08-09-07, 20:18
Hi Sazzle and :welcome:

You'll get loads of advice and support here while making new friends along the way. I made steady progress for a couple of years before having a setback too so now how horrid it feels. Thankfully I found NMP and I hope it helps you as much as it has helped me.

Take care,

Mike :)

honeybee3939
08-09-07, 21:33
Hi Sazzle

Welcome to NMP, its lovely to see you here, im sure you will get some great advice, support and make new friends too.:)

Love
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxx

margaret911
08-09-07, 22:56
Hi Sazzle and welcome to nmp. Hope this site helps you as much as it helps me. Take care.
llove Mags xxx