PDA

View Full Version : Worried that pain in back of head is due to high blood pressure

anxious_thoughts
27-03-19, 16:23
Hello everyone,

I’m 25 and overweight, I’m also on birth control (which I know all can cause high blood pressure). I’m too scared to check my BP at home because I know it will cause me to panic if it’s higher than usual.

Anyways, the last three days or so I’ve had a stiff neck, maybe it’s from always looking down at my phone? But either way, for the last 3 days I’ve had this on and off pain at the crown of my head. Today it felt more like it was in the back of my head while I was sitting down. Then I got up and walked around and the pain stopped. But it’s on and off throughout the day and I’m just so worried that it’s my BP spiking up. Could it all just be tension? I know I had my hair tied up in a pony tail yesterday and it seemed like that could have been the cause of it. But today I’m wearing my hair down but my neck feels sore and the pain in the back of my heard comed and goes.

Fishmanpa
27-03-19, 16:28
Anyways, the last three days or so I’ve had a stiff neck, maybe it’s from always looking down at my phone?

It's called Text Neck and you just described the symptoms to a 'T'(ext).

Positive thoughts

nomorepanic
27-03-19, 16:35
ditch the phone and see how it goes