PDA

View Full Version : Help, I can't handle this anymore

Paul-77
27-03-19, 21:52
A week and a half ago i suddenly got itchy and a rash on my arms after having a beer.
During the week I experienced random itching all over my body. I started to dread liver problems, i was terrified, still am now.

The itchiness slowly started going away. Which made me feel better.

But for the last 3 nights I've had cold sweats, can't sleep at all, and dry mouth. I have zero energy and barely any appetite. Nauseous just thinking about food, dry mouth isn't helping.

I looked up these symptoms and found some really bad liver diseases and now lymphoma which I found reading other posts on this site.

Completely freaked out I spend the whole day in the ER yesterday. I was crying and shaking in fear pretty much the whole time. The doctor was sympathetic and very patient with me, which was nice, but it didn't help much. My blood work, xray, and vitals ended up being fine. They said possibly virus, but nothing conclusive.

I felt better for all of 5 minutes. Now I can't stop thinking that it can't be nothing.

Maybe the doctor said I was fine just because of my anxiety?
Maybe the tests aren't in depth enough?

I ask the doctor if my liver was OK, she said yes. I asked if my lymph nodes were OK, she said yes. I should have asked about the specific illnesses.

I can't sleep, can't eat, I'm in constant panic mode. I can't break out of this no matter what I try. Breathing exercises and mediation are not helping. It's so bad I feel like I need to be sedated.

I've had health anxiety for a long time, but this is truly the worst ever. It's all I think about.

Help please, what do I do? Do I go back to the ER?

RadioGaGa
27-03-19, 22:29
"NO!" you do not go back to the ER for this.

Tbh I have no idea what would have caused this reaction. Perhaps you were mildly allergic to something in the beer, particularly if its a brand you haven't consumed before? Then, by coincedence, you came down with a virus. How long did the itching last?

But anyway, you've had bloods which would detect liver problems so, IMHO, you can swiftly move on assured from this.

Good luck

Paul-77
27-03-19, 23:11
The itchiness latest about a week. The rash was only that day. Now every time I eat I'm just waiting for itchiness to start.
It wasn't a new brand. My wife thinks it's something from my car (chemical) since I've been working on it every night.

Paul-77
28-03-19, 01:23
I was able to eat this evening, and just finished a snack.

Dry mouth is better after eating also. For some reason dry mouth is worse with just drinking water.

I'll take these as positives, but my mind can't stop wandering to bad places.