PDA

View Full Version : Here we go again

lilire
28-03-19, 15:17
Hi. So, two years ago my nightmare began. I was 19 yo.
One random day I thought I had als. Then I began to google the symptoms, then I twitched for the first time, and it never stopped.
My current symptoms are twitches all over my body and that I can feel my pulse all over ALL the time. This has me restless and I feel that my life is ruined. All I can think about all the time are this body sensations
Im going to see a psychiatrist for the first time tomorrow, and I am worried that if that doesnt work I may have the worst life ever.
I just need this twitches and palpitations(?) to go away. I wanna be a normal 21 yo girl.
Do you think psychiatric medications may cure this?

BlueIris
28-03-19, 15:24
Unfortunately, you're always going to get weird sensations in your body - bodies are fundamentally weird.

What you need to learn is not to mind them. It's tough, but I promise, it's doable.

ankietyjoe
29-03-19, 00:03
Unfortunately, you're always going to get weird sensations in your body - bodies are fundamentally weird.

What you need to learn is not to mind them. It's tough, but I promise, it's doable.

Sage wisdom.

Wanting sensations to stop will be the thing that guarantees a miserable life, not the sensations themselves.

Learn to live with them, they're not dangerous. It's googling them and worrying about them that's causing them in the first place.

jray23
29-03-19, 01:43

Bingo. If we look for something "wrong", we will "find it". The key is to stop looking.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk