PDA

View Full Version : Protein Urine - Freaked Out

Emoney12
28-03-19, 15:33
I have a condition that can cause increase levels of calcium in the blood so I had to get a 24 hour urine test to make sure that my urine calcium was normal. It was actually a little.low which is great but my urine protein was elevated. The elevation was tiny at 158 when it should be less than 150. My last blood work in January showed normal kidney function. Now I am freaked out and am looking at things like Amyloidosis and other nasty things that I know I dont have but cant get it out of my mind. Anyone ever been in this situation?

Fishmanpa
28-03-19, 15:55
Anyone ever been in this situation?

Just about everyone here.... Scroll to the bottom of the page or do a search.

Positive thoughts

AMomentofClarity
28-03-19, 15:55
I have a condition that can cause increase levels of calcium in the blood so I had to get a 24 hour urine test to make sure that my urine calcium was normal. It was actually a little.low which is great but my urine protein was elevated. The elevation was tiny at 158 when it should be less than 150. My last blood work in January showed normal kidney function. Now I am freaked out and am looking at things like Amyloidosis and other nasty things that I know I dont have but cant get it out of my mind. Anyone ever been in this situation?

Im quite sure the result would have been much higher if something were wrong. I once had elevated creatine in my urine that I didn’t realize until looking through my med records years later...the doctor didn’t even bother to tell me.