PDA

View Full Version : I have a sore neck from a car accident

ANXIOUS22
28-03-19, 20:54
Hi new user here. In the past, i haven't had a lot of anxiety over health issues but ever since my car accident i've been kinda worried. 6 months ago, i was stopped at a red light and someone rearended me. He wasn't going very fast (maybe 15 mph) there was minimum damage to my car and moderate damage to his. I got checked out by the doctor that day and he said other than my headache I would be fine and probably have some soreness. Well a few weeks later my neck starts hurting for no reason and i attributed it to the car accident. I had an x-ray done and it showed up fine. I went to a chiropractor and that made it worse so my original doctor recommended physical therapy. i've been doing it for about 3 weeks now and feel some better but there are still moments where it gets stiff or my headahces come back. I've never been the type of person to get headaches except when i have the usual "cold". I also told doctor i get very slight muscle weakness and he checked for pinched nerve but concluded physical therapy. Sometimes my throat hurts but therapist said that's due to my sore neck. I've told my physical therapist all this and i'm doing the exercises. The exercises leave me sore but its not an unbearable pain. It just feels like i've been working out at the gym. He did say sometimes people have flare ups though. Im just worried it may not get completely better. my pain before the therapist was about a 6 but i'd say its more a 3 now. Has any one ever dealt with injuries from a car accident before? What was your experience with physical threapy?