PDA

View Full Version : Worried I'm becoming Anemic? Lymphoma?

darkside4k
29-03-19, 23:23
So I have felt honestly pretty good the past few weeks. However, today after work I felt kind of out of breath and strange. My heart rate is not particularly elevated (measured via Apple Watch). However, I still feel kinda "off" and out of breath. I'm *really* worried I am becoming anemic because of my feared lymphoma. I've been fearing this almost 8 months now. I'm worried it has spread very far into my body and is causing anemia. A family friend went from being health to very anemic and it was discovered he has stage 4 lymphoma. He died weeks later. He was healthy before that.

I don't know what is going on with me but this is VERY scary.

nomorepanic
29-03-19, 23:29
So what has happened with all the previous terminal illnesses as you never updated us?

darkside4k
29-03-19, 23:33
Well, I still believe I have lymphoma. I have been worrying about this particular disease for about 8 months now.

nomorepanic
29-03-19, 23:41
A simple blood test will tell you.

I meant all the other things:

colon cancer
headaches
thyroid cancer
esophageal cancer
nail melanoma
brain cancer
oral cancer
prostate/bladder cancer
ALS

darkside4k
29-03-19, 23:44
Yes, I think I will have to go to the hospital tonight or tomorrow. I know this is it. This is finally the lymphoma really showing itself strongly. I'm SO sad. I'm SO scared and depressed. Honestly even earlier today I was feeling great and thought "I guess I was wrong about having lymphoma". Now, tonight, it's obvious I do have it.

nomorepanic
29-03-19, 23:45
Please don't go there again - we have been there so many times - read what I posted above - every time you have been dying.

Are you still not treating the HA?

utrocket09
30-03-19, 01:12
So I have felt honestly pretty good the past few weeks. However, today after work I felt kind of out of breath and strange. My heart rate is not particularly elevated (measured via Apple Watch). However, I still feel kinda "off" and out of breath. I'm *really* worried I am becoming anemic because of my feared lymphoma. I've been fearing this almost 8 months now. I'm worried it has spread very far into my body and is causing anemia. A family friend went from being health to very anemic and it was discovered he has stage 4 lymphoma. He died weeks later. He was healthy before that.

I don't know what is going on with me but this is VERY scary.

My aunt whom had cancer had anemia. You don't just feel off with anemia. If its been 8 months, you would have been diagnosed by now and would have fully out of breath by now. When my aunt had it, she couldn't walk since she would get so tired.

ErinKC
30-03-19, 03:13
When people see repeat posters that annoy them, why not just scroll by? I've been certain I was dying before, paralyzed with fear, and it would have been pretty shitty if someone laughed at me in that moment, even if they thought I was being ridiculous.

AMomentofClarity
30-03-19, 04:47
Honestly even earlier today I was feeling great and thought "I guess I was wrong about having lymphoma". Now, tonight, it's obvious I do have it.

Ah yes, the ole 24 hour lymphoma....like a hangover but worse

darkside4k
30-03-19, 14:13
I still have the feeling of being slightly out of breath this morning and I also feel like my heart rate is a little more elevated than normal.

Fishmanpa
30-03-19, 14:43
Yes, I think I will have to go to the hospital tonight or tomorrow.

What did the hospital/doctor say?

Positive thoughts

UnhappyWorrier
30-03-19, 14:50
So, from what I've gathered, you were feeling off, then you felt fine again, then unwell again? A serious disease doesn't work like that, it doesn't "take breaks", so to speak. And anxiety can cause shortness of breath, I've been there.

utrocket09
30-03-19, 17:33
Yes, I think I will have to go to the hospital tonight or tomorrow. I know this is it. This is finally the lymphoma really showing itself strongly. I'm SO sad. I'm SO scared and depressed. Honestly even earlier today I was feeling great and thought "I guess I was wrong about having lymphoma". Now, tonight, it's obvious I do have it.

Why are wasting hospital time and resources for this ? This is not an emergency and can dealt with my making a simple doctor appointment

Siffi
31-03-19, 20:12
You would be ill with Lymphoma, having constant infections. You will be completely wiped out constantly. If it helps just go to your doctor for reassurance. How is it obvious that you do have it?

darkside4k
01-04-19, 19:20
I got a blood test and my bloodwork was normal. Normal RBC, etc.

So, I dunno what is wrong with me. I still feel "off" today and my resting heart rate is a little higher than it normally is.

pulisa
01-04-19, 19:29
Nothing is wrong with you other than hypochondria. You should be pleased that your bloodwork was normal or maybe you're disappointed?

nomorepanic
01-04-19, 20:34
When are you going to treat the real illness though?

darkside4k
03-04-19, 01:56
Hey All,

Just an update. Still have elevated pulse today, slight headache, and also a lower appetite which *really* concerns me a lot. I still don't have any explanation really for what is going on with me. I also just feel pretty on edge, ancy, jumpy, and anxious. My mind is darting around in anxious thoughts a lot the last few days.

I just feel pretty out of it. Disconnected from reality in a way or not "present". I'm literally wondering if I have some serious heart problem, a brain tumor, lymphoma - I seriously have no idea at this point. I'm worried the loss of appetite is due to enlarged spleen from lymphoma. I don't know how the heart stuff would connect to lymphoma. Originally I thought it was anemia but of course that is not reflected in the bloodwork.

Anyways, I'm still very concerned and honestly have on idea what is going on with me. I think I may have to visit yet another doctor to try to get some answers. Anyone ever had this combination of symptoms? The concerning thing is I don't think my heart rate stuff is purely anxiety related. It's very consistent when doing things like going up stairs - it is raising more than normal and that is measurable on my watch.

The only other thing I can think of is it is a result of my testosterone therapy. I've had a pretty large dose the last two weeks (I take injections weekly at a clinic by prescription since I was medically diagnosed with low testosterone a couple of years ago). I don't know if I've just had too much the last couple weeks and my system is going a little haywire... or sometimes estrogen can get too high with large testosterone doses since excess is converted to estrogen.

I dunno... I'm worried. So worried I have cancer.

MyNameIsTerry
03-04-19, 02:15

^ this Darkside.

You know many of us have had so many combined symptoms. Those on the HA board have likely worried about the mystery illness they could be and those of us without HA know it's only anxiety although it's unpleasant.

I could list symptoms I've had daily for years now.

darkside4k
03-04-19, 21:33
I still have a very reduced appetite today. I'm honestly so concerned. I'm not sure I've ever had symptoms this obvious. The heart rate stuff in combination with the appetite loss. I really think it could be from a swollen spleen from lymphoma. Or who knows what other kind of cancer. Something is VERY wrong with me and I don't even know what to do. I'm considering trying to schedule another doctor's appointment.

KK77
03-04-19, 21:55
. I'm considering trying to schedule another doctor's appointment.

And it will be a waste of time because you won't believe what you're told - ie, that there is nothing of concern :lac:

venusbluejeans
03-04-19, 21:56

^^^ still this

darkside4k
03-04-19, 22:37
I see where you all are coming from but isn't elevated heart rate and no appetite something to look into? Especially since I have a couple of swollen nodes?

utrocket09
04-04-19, 02:35
I see where you all are coming from but isn't elevated heart rate and no appetite something to look into? Especially since I have a couple of swollen nodes?
Elevated heart rate and no appetite are anxiety symptoms plain and simple.

Both my father in law and aunt had blood cancer. In the same family as lymphoma. There was mistake they were ill. Both had no appetite, but this was they had no energy to even feed themselves.

And the swollen nodes...infection

Elen
04-04-19, 08:38
I see where you all are coming from but ...........

Can you really see where we are coming from?

Every time you are convinced that you are seriously ill and each time you say that you will get help with your mental issues once you are clear of the latest fear.

It is up to you as to whether you spend your money paying medical professionals who you do not trust or whether you spend it getting the help that you really need.

The question has been asked 3 times and 3 times you have ignored it.

So when are you going to treat the real illness?

venusbluejeans
04-04-19, 10:47
Can you really see where we are coming from?

Every time you are convinced that you are seriously ill and each time you say that you will get help with your mental issues once you are clear of the latest fear.

It is up to you as to whether you spend your money paying medical professionals who you do not trust or whether you spend it getting the help that you really need.

The question has been asked 3 times and 3 times you have ignored it.

So when are you going to treat the real illness?

Well said Elen.... Completely agree with this one...... please answer it darkside