PDA

View Full Version : Pain below ribs

Beckybecks
30-03-19, 13:05
Does anyone with IBS experience pain in upper abdomen, just below ribs?

Mark1974
30-03-19, 22:28
I've been having this on and off for a few years - not pain as such more discomfort, sometimes a 'belt-like' pain, sometimes like something is poking me from the inside and sometimes like a stitch. I've had umpteen ultrasounds and other examinations and all they ever found was a hiatus hernia and blamed it on reflux initially. I've asked my doctor if it was IBS she just said 'possibly', but don't worry about it

Toby2000
31-03-19, 13:02
I experience this pain a lot, on and off, I think it's related to anxiety making the muscles tense

eshu55
01-04-19, 02:13
Hi, I just posted something similar. Might help you.

Sunshinegirl82
01-04-19, 10:04
Does anyone with IBS experience pain in upper abdomen, just below ribs?

Just been to my gp about this As my ribs were hurting and I’m dealing with a flare up at the moment she felt my tummy and the upper part and said rib pain is quiet common with ibs and as when you bloat it pushes up ... I hope this helps

Mark1974
02-04-19, 13:56
also I get a kind of”rubbing” pain under the ribs alongside the discomfort which comes and goes - feels like it would if you had tight clothes rubbing under your ribs causing an itchy sensation. Haven’t yet worked out what triggers this but it is odd

Beckybecks
02-04-19, 14:06
Thanks for the replies.
As you say, it feels like a tight band around the ribs at times.
My IBS flare up seems to have cleared up but I still occasionally get this under the rib pain, or discomfort. Im beginning to think it might be muscular, caused by anxiety tension.
What do you think?