PDA

View Full Version : Diabetes

epistore
31-03-19, 19:35
Hello after a few months away, I'm back asking for help here. I have been under psychological treatment for 3 months. but when doing a routine blood test gave alteration in the glucose. what for me is for several internet sites do not make sense. I am thin, practical 4 times a week physical activity and I am 36 years old, I do not fit into type 2 diabetes, however when reading about diabetes on the internet there is a type 1 diabetes that affects young adults the LADA. Since then I have been terrified. I had a fasting blood glucose test that accounted for 101mg / l for ADA (American Diabetes Associate) would be up to 99mg / l. Not satisfied the next day I re-did the exam but that day it was 91mg / l within the standard. I took it the same day and did a test that measures the last 3 months of blood sugar H1ac and gave 5.6% the limit and 5.6% above that is abnormal I was on the limit. I went to the doctor he said to go back in 3 months and take care of food, but my head kept thinking about the disease and I decided to do the test again, it gave me even more altered glucose in fasting 109mg / l and did the oral glucose test 2h gave 120mg / l would be normal. I do not know what to think I'm terrified, these values ​​of reference are not unanimity in the world, the world health organization uses other values ​​to which my normal tests would be. I would like to help you guys because I am very afraid of LADA type diabetes.

epistore
31-03-19, 20:49
Help me...

Fishmanpa
31-03-19, 20:58
You're self testing, consulting Dr. Google and scaring yourself over a couple of points. You can help yourself by not doing that :shrug:

Positive thoughts

epistore
31-03-19, 21:16
But it is the results of the exams, some altered and others in the limit what I should think.

Fishmanpa
31-03-19, 21:28
But it is the results of the exams, some altered and others in the limit what I should think.

Ok Dr. epistore :doh: Apparently your doctor isn't concerned. Why are you self testing at home?

Positive thoughts

epistore
31-03-19, 21:33
because I am thin, athletic and at 36 years old, the only explanation for an altered fasting glucose would be LADA type diabetes

epistore
31-03-19, 21:34
I can not believe that prolonged stress changes glucose

ankietyjoe
31-03-19, 21:35
I can not believe that prolonged stress changes glucose

Stress can kill you, and everything in between. It fundamentally changes hormone balances, the biggest issue being cortisol.

epistore
31-03-19, 21:42
I read about cortisol, but it affects more women and should also have other changes like correct weight gain?

Fishmanpa
31-03-19, 21:43
Just see your doctor then. It's apparent logic and reassurance isn't helping :(

Positive thoughts

KK77
31-03-19, 21:48
You're self testing, consulting Dr. Google and scaring yourself over a couple of points. You can help yourself by not doing that :shrug:

Positive thoughts

Fish is quite right. There is nothing pointing to anything serious going on apart from your anxiety disorder. Please focus on the real illness here.

epistore
31-03-19, 23:07
but you're a common man, being thin, athletic, and 36 years old ... It can not be type 2 diabetes, it's type 1 autoimmune. Were not they all terrified?

ErinKC
31-03-19, 23:57
Anxiety absolutely does affect blood sugar! I learned this when my cat literally gave himself feline diabetes. We had to be away from our house often last year (with my neighbor taking care of him) when my father in law was ill, and my cat was a nervous wreck. By the time we were back he had diabetes. The vet confirmed that his stress levels absolutely could have been the cause. I realize humans and animals are not the same, but anywhere you look will tell you that stress can raise blood sugar in humans as well.

Your numbers are extremely borderline and inconsistent. Your doctor would know if you had diabetes. My brother has had type one diabetes since age 11. It's also called juvenile diabetes because people are usually diagnosed with it as children. It's very unlikely you have just developed that at age 36. He also had very clear symptoms. Listen to your doctor. Eat well, exercise, and go back to the doctor in 3 months to check. Stop checking yourself.

epistore
01-04-19, 00:12
Many thanks for the reply

epistore
01-04-19, 12:43
If anyone has one more positive report I would appreciate it, I will do everything to calm me down

Weasley123
01-04-19, 16:49
The worse thing you can do is obsess your anxiety is causing spikes

epistore
01-04-19, 18:12
The worse thing you can do is obsess your anxiety is causing spikes

thanks to the answer, but the peaks are so high so they can occur with chronic stress (generalized anxiety) ... reaching 109mg / l for example ... being the maximum allowed and 99mg / l and some studies that were not included 85mg / l fasting.

epistore
01-04-19, 20:58
If anyone has a more reassuring account in which a 36 year old man who is thin and physically active can have altered blood glucose levels, I thank him. But with a strong history of generalized anxiety and stress for long periods due to other fears of diseases

BlueIris
01-04-19, 21:05
What are you doing to manage your anxiety?

Weasley123
01-04-19, 21:06
thanks to the answer, but the peaks are so high so they can occur with chronic stress (generalized anxiety) ... reaching 109mg / l for example ... being the maximum allowed and 99mg / l and some studies that were not included 85mg / l fasting.

Normal fasting is under 100. 85 is quite low and I’ve seen those same alarmist articles and I’d discount. Between 100 and 125 is pre diabetes and no guarantee you’ll get full blown abs treatment is diet. Also they always recheck one fasting read over 100 is not necessarily bad Blood sugar is also up and down all the time.

epistore
01-04-19, 21:13
What are you doing to manage your anxiety?

I'm on psychological treatment and I'm going back to the remedies as well.

epistore
01-04-19, 21:15
Normal fasting is under 100. 85 is quite low and I’ve seen those same alarmist articles and I’d discount. Between 100 and 125 is pre diabetes and no guarantee you’ll get full blown abs treatment is diet. Also they always recheck one fasting read over 100 is not necessarily bad Blood sugar is also up and down all the time.

Well then this confused one day the result was 101, on another day 91, on another day 109 and on the same day that was 109 did the oral glucose test that was within the margin of 2h 120. Some people say that the oral test and more accurate others say that fasting is more accurate.

Fishmanpa
01-04-19, 22:04

Positive thoughts

epistore
02-04-19, 13:57
My biggest doubt is this:

Well then this confused one day the result was 101, on another day 91, on another day 109 and on the same day that was 109 did the oral glucose test that was within the margin of 2h 120. Some people say that the oral test and more accurate others say that fasting is more accurate.

And my fear is not type 2 diabetes and fear of diabetes called LADA or type 1.5, which affects adults at my age, meager as me, and athletes like me.

Weasley123
02-04-19, 14:39
My biggest doubt is this:

And my fear is not type 2 diabetes and fear of diabetes called LADA or type 1.5, which affects adults at my age, meager as me, and athletes like me.
Seems like you do to the dr quite regularly. Have u not asked him or her about it? What did he or she say?

epistore
02-04-19, 14:48
Seems like you do to the dr quite regularly. Have u not asked him or her about it? What did he or she say?

When I went on the dr I had two exams one changed 101mg / l, and one the next the normal day 91mg / l and had another h1ac exam 5.6% on the limit. But last week I did two more tests: fasting gave 109mg / l and oral glucose gave normal 120mg / l after two hours (where the limit is 139mg). That's why I'm in doubt the last one I did not show. He asked me before this last exam to go back in 3 months and retake the exams but how to wait until the with that doubt killing me.

Remembering that these last exams I did because he did not ask me, he only asked for exams in 3 months.

ErinKC
02-04-19, 14:59
Of course, no one wants to have diabetes. But, worse-case scenario here is that you have either this type 1.5 or type 2. Your doctor is aware of your worry and plans to recheck your sugars in 3 months. Both type 1.5 and type 2 respond to changes in diet and lifestyle (with type 1.5 generally requiring insulin many months or even years after diagnosis). So, the advice your doctor gave you is exactly what you should do. Work on having a healthy diet for the next 3 months. Check checked, and see how your blood sugar looks.

If you do have diabetes, you'll have found it right away and will treat it immediately, which is great. My brother has lived with type 1 diabetes for 22 years. It can be a bummer, it can cause complications when not properly managed, but it's not the end of the world.

Just listen to your doctor.

epistore
02-04-19, 15:10
Of course, no one wants to have diabetes. But, worse-case scenario here is that you have either this type 1.5 or type 2. Your doctor is aware of your worry and plans to recheck your sugars in 3 months. Both type 1.5 and type 2 respond to changes in diet and lifestyle (with type 1.5 generally requiring insulin many months or even years after diagnosis). So, the advice your doctor gave you is exactly what you should do. Work on having a healthy diet for the next 3 months. Check checked, and see how your blood sugar looks.

If you do have diabetes, you'll have found it right away and will treat it immediately, which is great. My brother has lived with type 1 diabetes for 22 years. It can be a bummer, it can cause complications when not properly managed, but it's not the end of the world.

Just listen to your doctor.

Thank you very much from the bottom of my heart. I need to calm down. So I read type 1.5 and fast after manifesting about months after the person is diagnosed you take insulin. And I've been monitoring since 2016 and levels have always been between 90 and 99, I believe if it was type 1.5, in the oral glucose test where you force oranism to process a highly sweet solution would not have returned to normal in 2 hours correct?

ErinKC
02-04-19, 15:57
Thank you very much from the bottom of my heart. I need to calm down. So I read type 1.5 and fast after manifesting about months after the person is diagnosed you take insulin. And I've been monitoring since 2016 and levels have always been between 90 and 99, I believe if it was type 1.5, in the oral glucose test where you force oranism to process a highly sweet solution would not have returned to normal in 2 hours correct?

I'm not a diabetes expert, I just know a bit more because of my brother and also some googling I just did for this post. But, what I read was that people with type 1.5 typically require insulin 6 months to a year after diagnosis, with some being longer. If you've been monitoring for 3 years (which you should STOP doing) you almost certainly would have seen a change.

Diabetes is not a difficult condition to diagnosis. People don't go for years and years not knowing they have it. You have it or your don't have it. Even with type 1.5 the confusion seems to be that it's often diagnoses as type 2 by accident, not that it's missed, because the symptoms are clear and progressive.

But, since you've been monitoring your blood sugar for three years, this is clearly more about an anxiety disorder/obsession with this particular issue than any real likelihood you have diabetes, so I would definitely pursue help for that much more aggressively than you are pursuing a diabetes diagnosis.

Fishmanpa
02-04-19, 16:09
I'll say it again... readings can vary day to day, hour to hour based on many factors.

Positive thoughts

epistore
02-04-19, 17:06
Many thanks to all of you at heart. Fish again you help me a lot. I hope all the best happens in your life. And the others who helped me too.

Weasley123
02-04-19, 17:35

your using a monitor right they are really inaccurate. An embarassing story Iused to self test all where in the 80s and normal. I tested rarely then one morning I got 99 flipped a few minutes later got 114 I think I was very upset. After lunch I buy a new monitor and check 2 hrs afer eating 85, I googled it and it turns out meters are wildly innacurate. I dont like this site but this is relavent to you
https://www.marksdailyapple.com/stop-obsessing-over-the-numbers/

epistore
02-04-19, 17:48
your using a monitor right they are really inaccurate. An embarassing story Iused to self test all where in the 80s and normal. I tested rarely then one morning I got 99 flipped a few minutes later got 114 I think I was very upset. After lunch I buy a new monitor and check 2 hrs afer eating 85, I googled it and it turns out meters are wildly innacurate. I dont like this site but this is relavent to you
https://www.marksdailyapple.com/stop-obsessing-over-the-numbers/

I thank the answer but all my posts were in laboratories ... withdrawing blood from the arm.

epistore
03-04-19, 19:02
Does anyone else have any comments that might calm me down?

BlueIris
03-04-19, 19:06
Part of managing anxiety is learning strategies to calm yourself down.

epistore
03-04-19, 19:13
We are trying through psychological treatment, to find the root of the problem to be able to control.

epistore
03-04-19, 19:38
I do not understand why there are two global parameters of diabetes, one the ADA (American association diabetes) and another one of the WHO (world health organization).
By ADA standards would be framed in pre diabetes, and by WHO standards would be in the normal range, more normal high results. In Brazil, ADA is used, but in some places in Europe, they use WHO.

ADA:

WHO

ankietyjoe
03-04-19, 20:49
We are trying through psychological treatment, to find the root of the problem to be able to control.

The root of the problem is you and your reaction. Anxiety doesn't really need psychology, it need behavioural modification....meaning the sufferer needs to stop checking symptoms.

epistore
03-04-19, 21:32
I do not understand why there are two global parameters of diabetes, one the ADA (American association diabetes) and another one of the WHO (world health organization).
By ADA standards would be framed in pre diabetes, and by WHO standards would be in the normal range, more normal high results. In Brazil, ADA is used, but in some places in Europe, they use WHO.

ADA:

WHO

but what is the explanation for these two parameters?

Fishmanpa
03-04-19, 21:37
No one here is trained to interpret medical information like that, least of all you. You're four pages into this and nothing said has quelled your anxiety a bit. Best to address these concerns with a professional. Hope you feel better soon!

Positive thoughts

KK77
03-04-19, 21:50
Your anxiety creates obsessions, which then create compulsions. Compulsions feed the obsessions. The psychology is not difficult to grasp - it's breaking the cycle.

You must break the chain and that means the compulsion to keep Googling and asking the same questions.

epistore
16-04-19, 23:22
At about 3 days I have been having urinary frequency changed. I go to the bathroom 10 to 12 times a day. I got to the point of buying a measuring cup and measuring the amount of urine per day, it is on average 1.5 l in my head I am developing diabetes. My psychologist says that I am building symptoms due to reading that altered urinary frequency plus thirst and hunger are symptoms of diabetes. They even smell my urine and for me.Min seems to smell sweet and for my wife it does not look like it.
I also read that the symptoms of diabetes only manifest when glucose reaches higher levels above 160mg / dl.
Summing up 20 days ago I did a urine test and no glucose appeared in the urine.
My question:
Why even drinking a little water during the day I am urinating every 2 hours?
Is it possible to urinate even without drinking water and eating little?

epistore
17-04-19, 01:12
my glucose levels in the tests I have done so far have never exceeded 109mg / dl

epistore
17-04-19, 17:06
At about 3 days I have been having urinary frequency changed. I go to the bathroom 10 to 12 times a day. I got to the point of buying a measuring cup and measuring the amount of urine per day, it is on average 1.5 l in my head I am developing diabetes. My psychologist says that I am building symptoms due to reading that altered urinary frequency plus thirst and hunger are symptoms of diabetes. They even smell my urine and for me.Min seems to smell sweet and for my wife it does not look like it.
I also read that the symptoms of diabetes only manifest when glucose reaches higher levels above 160mg / dl.
Summing up 20 days ago I did a urine test and no glucose appeared in the urine.
My question:
Why even drinking a little water during the day I am urinating every 2 hours?
Is it possible to urinate even without drinking water and eating little?

ANYBOBY?

Fishmanpa
17-04-19, 17:56
ANYBOBY?

Just proving a point about reassurance. Feeding the dragon nothing still feeds the dragon. Watch....:whistles:

Positive thoughts

epistore
18-04-19, 03:56
I know it's not the right thing to do, but what I always look for here and a little attention, a little help to calm me down. Whenever someone shares something an experience similar to himself or with some acquaintance it makes me more calm. But I thank you from the bottom of my heart for the help you give me.

BlueIris
18-04-19, 05:17
I know it's not the right thing to do, but what I always look for here and a little attention, a little help to calm me down. Whenever someone shares something an experience similar to himself or with some acquaintance it makes me more calm. But I thank you from the bottom of my heart for the help you give me.

This is understandable, and I think we've all been there. However, you need to actively work on your recovery, and unfortunately, that can sometimes mean sitting with the anxiety for a while.

epistore
18-04-19, 12:32
This is understandable, and I think we've all been there. However, you need to actively work on your recovery, and unfortunately, that can sometimes mean sitting with the anxiety for a while.

Thank you.

Pkstracy
25-04-19, 23:04
The average person pees 5 to 10 times a day.