PDA

View Full Version : About to head into Gastroscopy!!!

tan235
31-03-19, 20:44
So I’m sitting in the car, trying to calm my heart from beating so fast.
I’ve been up for the past two nights googling side effects of the scopes and I have put myself into a mode of pure panic. That and the fact that I probably not need the scope but without it I will keep guessing as to what’s going on with my gut. For 10 year I’ve had a terrible reactive gut - pain all in my shoulder blades and a constant butterfly stomach so the Dr said the only way to know was to get this done. I’m not doing sedation - I’m just doing throat spray..... I will update you once it’s done.... terrified folks... hold my hand (in Internet world)

BlueIris
31-03-19, 20:47
Thinking of you, and hoping it all goes as easily as possible.

tan235
31-03-19, 20:49
Thanks Iris!! I’m now sitting in the waiting room! A blow by blow account ;)

KK77
31-03-19, 21:20
Know how hard this is for you so sending positive vibes. It will be over with quickly and then you can finally move on ;)

tan235
31-03-19, 21:22
Thank you!!! Heart rate was 117bpm that’s pretty good for me! Still waiting - anyone had one??

tan235
31-03-19, 22:04
Still haven’t been seen! Googling whilst woaotng

nomorepanic
31-03-19, 23:15
no googling - you know how that ends

WiseMonkey
01-04-19, 01:15
Hope all went well, you are brave to have this without sedation!

tan235
01-04-19, 05:12
Hi All!
I had it, I will never ever have it again unless I absolutely have too! Not having sedation whilst great because it meant I could drive home and wasn't drugged, also meant it was a horrible experience....all those other people who didn't have sedation and thought it was a breeze are honestly not human ;)
However not to scare anyone off .... they found nothing - but now I've got a sore neck and throat and worried about side effects... so two more days and then I relax ..... right now just worried about perforation or infection etc etc