PDA

View Full Version : Negative subconscious

helenhoo
31-03-19, 21:31
Is it an anxiety thing or am I going mad? I said to my baby 'happy first mother's day' and subconscious said and your last. And then said I love you and subconscious said no you don't.

KK77
31-03-19, 21:34
You know how intrusive thoughts work, Reb. It doesn't mean you're going mad. Use your CBT methods and mindfulness.

ErinKC
01-04-19, 00:03
You aren't going mad. These are intrusive thoughts from your anxiety. What's the status of your therapy situation?

ErinKC
01-04-19, 00:04
Do you have some kind of crisis line in the UK for if you need to talk to someone right away?

helenhoo
01-04-19, 00:40
They're calling me back tomorrow.

I've just read an article about brain tumours now I'm worried about that, can feel my heart I'm worried about that, got anal fissure again (pain sore bum bleeding) worried about that. . .

ErinKC
01-04-19, 01:03
I know I've said it many times, but I truly feel for you, Helen. I was a new mom with crippling anxiety and it is truly heinous. Having a baby just makes everything worse because you're sleep deprived, stressed out, and hormonal. Plus, pregnancy and childbirth does ridiculous things to your body that only add to the worries. I know the hemorrhoids and fissures are worrying you, but I assure you this is normal and the best thing you can do for it is leave it be. Also, putting your feet up on a stool when you poop is extremely helpful! I'm nearly 5 years postpartum and my poor bum has never been the same!

You don't have a brain tumor or a heart problem. You are overwhelmed by motherhood and anxiety. I hope that you are able to find help. I started therapy a year postpartum and it was the best gift I ever gave myself and my family. I can't afford it at all, but my husband and I make it work because the alternative isn't an option.

ankietyjoe
01-04-19, 09:07
They're calling me back tomorrow.

I've just read an article about brain tumours now I'm worried about that, can feel my heart I'm worried about that, got anal fissure again (pain sore bum bleeding) worried about that. . .

Stop reading the articles then. You're actively giving yourself things to worry about that don't exist.

Negative thoughts are spectacularly common with anxiety. They're just thoughts, fleeting images that don't really exist and then they're gone. Let them happen, get on with your day.

glittery
04-04-19, 05:48
Is it an anxiety thing or am I going mad? I said to my baby 'happy first mother's day' and subconscious said and your last. And then said I love you and subconscious said no you don't.

I have had this since my teenage years. I would think my subconscious mind can "predict" things, but then I made a list of the times my subconscious mind was wrong. And trust me, the list was huge. In fact it was RARELY right.