PDA

View Full Version : Fainting, stroke fears

Librella
02-04-19, 01:19
I actually have been better with HA for a while but lately I have been triggered with things in the news about people in their 20s having strokes or brain aneurysms. I have migraines already and I'm scared I will confuse stroke symtpoms for a migraine, ignore it, and die. (or worse be permanently incapacitated...)
I had a migraine over the weekend. Shooting pain behind my eye, upset stomach, fatigue, etc.
I was feeling somewhat better Saturday night so I decided to go out to a concert I had scheduled, which I realize was probably a stupid idea. The venue was hot and crowded, people were smoking and the smell was making me ill. I was standing for 2 hours, hadn't eaten enough and didn't drink any water in that time. So it shouldn't be surprising that I felt dizzy and almost passed out. I had to go sit down, and I had all the pre-fainting symptoms for a few minutes (dizzy, fuzzy hearing, sweating). I felt better after sitting down for a while, so I left, ate something, and was fine for the rest of the night.
So not a big deal...except to my anxiety brain I now think I have a brain tumor or heart disease. I read that up to 30% of people who experience fainting go on to have a severe heart attack or other "event" within the week so now I'm scared it's going to happen to me! Or that the migraine was also the beginnings of something wrong with my brain. Now I can't stop thinking about it and making myself more anxious. Has anyone else dealt with this, how do I get over it?

RadioGaGa
02-04-19, 10:32
As a self-declared brain tumour expert, no these symptoms aren't consistent with a brain tumour at all

You have migraine, you took a migraine. You were in a hot sweaty environment,, probably dehydrated and irritated by the smoke. You felt dizzy but didn't pass out.

Nothing concerning at all there

Good luck

ankietyjoe
02-04-19, 10:37
Dizziness, hearing impairment and sweating are symptoms of many things, including anxiety. Feeling like you're going to pass out doesn't mean you're remotely close to passing out. It canf happen with anxiety, but it's monumentally rare. Even it does, it's not dangerous at all.