PDA

View Full Version : Back again with fear of throat/tonsil cancer

woaidelrey
03-04-19, 01:03
Hi Everyone,

Good evening. Was relatively good with intermittent minor episode of HA for the past several months, however my HA is making a hard come back right now.

I was worried of esophageal cancer several months back and had an endoscopy which showed minor barrets esophagus. Ever since then I've been asking Omeprazole and have been getting the acid reflux issue under control.

I have always had chronic left side throat pain issue (very minor pain more like discomfort) Last October I started experiencing "something stuck in throat" feeling on the left side of throat. Went to ENT who said he didn't see anything. So I went on about my life. today, all of sudden when I was ehaving lunch, I started experiencing much more noticeable pain on my left side and worst of it all, my left ear also started to hurt together with the left side sore throat. I was reading everywhere and apparently one sided sore throat together with ear pain tells Cancer...

I have always feared that I might have throat or tonsil cancer considering my long term issue with left side of throat discomfort..

Anybody has ever experienced this or can offer other possible alternative causes? I made an appointment to see my ENT tomorrow... But I have an important exam this Friday but I can't focus now...

Thank you guys in advance !!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

goldie84
04-04-19, 04:40
Hi Everyone,

Good evening. Was relatively good with intermittent minor episode of HA for the past several months, however my HA is making a hard come back right now.

I was worried of esophageal cancer several months back and had an endoscopy which showed minor barrets esophagus. Ever since then I've been asking Omeprazole and have been getting the acid reflux issue under control.

I have always had chronic left side throat pain issue (very minor pain more like discomfort) Last October I started experiencing "something stuck in throat" feeling on the left side of throat. Went to ENT who said he didn't see anything. So I went on about my life. today, all of sudden when I was ehaving lunch, I started experiencing much more noticeable pain on my left side and worst of it all, my left ear also started to hurt together with the left side sore throat. I was reading everywhere and apparently one sided sore throat together with ear pain tells Cancer...

I have always feared that I might have throat or tonsil cancer considering my long term issue with left side of throat discomfort..

Anybody has ever experienced this or can offer other possible alternative causes? I made an appointment to see my ENT tomorrow... But I have an important exam this Friday but I can't focus now...

Thank you guys in advance !!

Hi... I’ve been dealing with very similar issues. I have left sided “something stuck in there” feelings and minor discomfort for about three months now. It gets worse sometimes and better others but it’s consistently there. I notice when my throat is dry too it’s more noticeable. Ent said she saw nothing but a little bit of irritation on that side which she said could be GERD. I also have upper back pain that comes and goes for years and I’m wondering if this is all related. Sorry don’t have much advice but I definitely feel relieved to know I’m not alone so hopefully you will too. For months I even thought I had a tonsil stone stuck back there but nope. She called it Globus from “probably” acid reflux.

woaidelrey
05-04-19, 22:17
Hi... I’ve been dealing with very similar issues. I have left sided “something stuck in there” feelings and minor discomfort for about three months now. It gets worse sometimes and better others but it’s consistently there. I notice when my throat is dry too it’s more noticeable. Ent said she saw nothing but a little bit of irritation on that side which she said could be GERD. I also have upper back pain that comes and goes for years and I’m wondering if this is all related. Sorry don’t have much advice but I definitely feel relieved to know I’m not alone so hopefully you will too. For months I even thought I had a tonsil stone stuck back there but nope. She called it Globus from “probably” acid reflux.Thanks Goldie. I would say several days ago I was in the same boat as you. I have chornic left side throat minor pain, globus feeling and also upper back pain! But just three days ago I also developed left side ear pain and today my left side of ear also is a little muffled feeling... Im just so scared it is cancer as these symptoms are pretty telltale...

Midnight-mouse
06-04-19, 08:20
Im just so scared it is cancer as these symptoms are pretty telltale...

They are also symptoms of completely benign things, such as a cold virus, tonsillitis, allergies and the like. I have complete sympathy with these types of feelings as they can be really hard to avoid thinking about, but I also have had the same feelings for the last week because I have had a cold. I know I will have the ear and throat issues over the next few months with little reprieve because I have allergies. - don’t discredit things like that so easily even if you’ve never had an issue before. My mum didn’t suffer with hay fever until her 50s so it really can happen at any point.

My point being the symptoms you point to as ‘telltale’ really can be many things.

Positive vibes,

Mouse

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk