PDA

View Full Version : Been getting muscle spasms/twitching, is this harmless?

Mark_P
03-04-19, 13:59
HI guys. My anxiety hasn't been too bad for the last 3/4 weeks, but I am still on medication (propranolol) which I think has helped, along with trying to relax more. One thing I have noticed, however, is that I have been getting random muscle spasms and twitching. I generally have had them on various areas of my body. Sometimes I get a twitch/spasm on my thigh, sometimes on my upper right arm, and sometimes eye twitching. I haven't been very active for the last couple weeks. I used to go gym regularly, but have been a bit lazy lately. Do you think this is a reason? Maybe even my diet? I haven't been eating very good either :blush: a lot of junk food. I came off of caffeine about 3 weeks ago when I was suffering with ocular migraines. I do drink a vitamin tea which contains some green tea, but that's about it. I don't drink coffee or tea. I was drinking a lot of caffeine before I stopped, so could it be some kind of withdrawl symtom maybe?

ankietyjoe
03-04-19, 14:28
It's one of the most common symptoms of anxiety, probably best to stop looking for reasons. It just is. Once you find away to calm and rest, it'll pass eventually.

Hypo84
03-04-19, 18:24
Completely harmless. Ignore it.